May 08, 2024, 03:57:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

MM Conversion Pingel

Started by 1997bagger, February 28, 2010, 08:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1997bagger

Has anyone figured out a way to get around the Pingel shutoff valve on the MM To carb conversion? Seems like everyone buys the valve but frowns on the price and advertised "the only valve that fits the adapter"
What's wrong with having the only Evo in the parking lot?

Nebraskarider1

The outside diameter of the Taiwan made one I got from Eastern Cycle was too big to fit through the hole in the Pingel adapter. Perhaps you could see if an independent shop had some other brands on hand that fit through the hole. You might be able to remove the screen and run an inline filter, not sure. If not I got  mine from Jireh for about $65. Good luck, keep us posted if you find an alternative that works. I may do another one down the road soon.

1997bagger

Thanks for the info, Jireh's @ $73 now but a better price than I have seen. You told me the same as another that did the conversion, I have a good idea on how to get around it but is it worth saving a few dollars to lose some reliability. I'll keep the gears in my head turning as I go on.
What's wrong with having the only Evo in the parking lot?

PanHeadRed

> remove the screen and run an inline filter, not sure.<

AFAIK that's the only way to get around the Pingle Petcock.