May 02, 2024, 03:34:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FATSO BUILD UPDATE

Started by powderdan, December 02, 2008, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powderdan

December 02, 2008, 04:58:20 PM Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 05:25:51 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Well here is a picture of my fatso motor.I used KB indian pistons so I had to get some 1/8 inch aluminum spacers made by Lani at copper gaskets unlimited.My next step with my mechanic is to figure out how to align the pushrod tubes.For those running these motors with the pushrod covers upside down how are you sealing up the bottom with such a small shoulder on the inner pushrod cover over the lifter block holes? Are you guys using stock lifter blocks or aftermarket big bore ones? Can anyone on this site realign the holes in the heads or steer me in the right direction. All help much appreciated!

wfolarry

To re-align the holes in the head you need to weld & machine.
For the upside down pushrods go to the Sputhe site. They use a fat o-ring in the bottom that will seal it up.

stroker800

we had used the Sputhe cases,,as stated they have fat O rings for sale....I had tried a few outta a kit we have,,they do work but if the pushrod moves the tubes too much,,,,LEAK,,,,Are those cases Ultima's????   they look like my evo casesand what bore did you go with?
Dave

powderdan

Yes stroker 800, they are ultima cases with a 3.875 inch bore.I will try to find some larger o-rings locally but what I would really like is to find a way to mount the tube covers in their normal position with big bore lifter blocks if needed and a little machining of the heads.