April 30, 2024, 08:15:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

cam cover quwes

Started by monty101, March 08, 2010, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monty101

fixin to put a 77 shovelhead rotating assembly in a std panhead lower end. anything I need to be concerned about. It appears the pinion shaft changed from a side oiler to a end oiler. Anybody know when that happened. I believe the std cases are set up for timken bearing so that shouldn't be an issue. I am thinking about mating an alternator right side case up to the right hand case. anybody ever done that. I figure all I'll have to do is have it line lapped to get it to work...... the 12 volt generators are way too expensive and I'd rather have a alt anyway. Plus it will mate up with my inner primary right too.

stroker800

I have a bike in my garage now ,,62 pan genny side with an alternator shovel side bolted to it..I not sure what rods and wheels its running,,its got an evo top end...Its running evo lifters and blocks..  I believe all you would have to due is use pinion shaft for a 66-69 shovel.
Dave

Pzokes

Then there is the VIN problem.  An alternator case has the numbers on the right side and a generator case has the numbers on the left side.
There's miles to go before I sleep.