May 07, 2024, 02:17:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

08/09 Throttle body perfomance modifications

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, December 03, 2008, 02:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

Is there any one who has sent there TB to modified by HPI?  I see they are running a 10% special.  Tried to e-mail them and the e-mail was returned undeliverable.  Also noticed that in their add for 08/09 TBW they mention a new "48mm" butterfly.  Thought these were 50MM. Set me staight. FI is all new to me, been a carb guy forever!

Just looking to see if anyone has used them, and their story good or bad.

TIA
Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Clintster

Try calling them, in my dealings with them I spoke to them by phone.  Small shop in NW Pa, nice folks.  They recently expanded and I know they have a lot going on...
Drive fast, take chances

hdtuner23

Yep, they do have A modification for 08/09 FBW bikes. Taking the size out to 54mm on the stock units, and doing their porting magic. The 48mm rework size is for previous models, I got that straight from the horses mouth. They do have a full replacement FBW that they are currently testing, all billet :smile: from what I hear !

GoFast.....

Quote from: hdtuner23 on December 03, 2008, 06:23:16 AM
Yep, they do have A modification for 08/09 FBW bikes. Taking the size out to 54mm on the stock units, and doing their porting magic. The 48mm rework size is for previous models, I got that straight from the horses mouth. They do have a full replacement FBW that they are currently testing, all billet :smile: from what I hear !
I thought maybe I heard that not all models received the 50 mm Tb. Just the flh models
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Tre_11 FLHX

I called this morning and was told that they currently are NOT doing 08/09 FLH 50mm TB.  They plan to have one for the "SHOW" in January and the plan is to offer 52mm.  Seems their is some confusing information coming from the "Horse".

I am going to wait until mid February, before I re-engage unless there is an alternative shop doing similiar modifications that has been tried and true, anyone?

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

hdtuner23

MZODARG, not sure were your calling or who your talking to. Reworked FBW 54mm are available, their new billet replacement will try and be released by the upcoming shows. Try talking to ERIC there, he heads the development and CNC Dept.

Tre_11 FLHX

HDT- I will call back- I spoke with Ross. More to follow

Tre_11 FLHX

Just spoke to Eric "the Horse"  Yes they are doing 08/09 modifications.  Throttle body will be bored to 54mm ported polished new butterfly. I feel better now.  Thanks for the input.

Mike

ejk_dyna

LOL!!!

talk to Ross..they are not doing them

talk to Eric..they are doing them

I wonder what stuff Ross is doing that Eric doesn't know about.... :dgust:

road-dawgs1

Quote from: ejk_dyna on December 03, 2008, 10:17:09 AM
I wonder what stuff Ross is doing that Eric doesn't know about.... :dgust:

Maybe Eric's wife?? :dgust: :teeth:
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

hdtuner23

Any of you guys ever go to the shows? Seen the size of that guy! :smileo: He would make any of you his wife :hyst: