May 03, 2024, 10:35:07 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

cruise control trouble on 09 flh std.

Started by lakewakes.com, December 03, 2008, 05:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakewakes.com

09 electraglide std ,
the cruise control has gone nuts, it will speed up , slow down , cut off turn on by itself anyone seen these problems. only aftermarket i have on the bike is a gerbings control for heated gear. check engine light goes on as well . may be hi amp draw from gerbings is causing ses light on and causing ABS to go to base brakes ?? :crook: i dont know if the ultra glide bike has a higher amp generator to solve this possible problem

anyone ???????????
thanks
mark

HDDOC

You have a 50amp altenator so that would not be a problem, you need to take it back to the dealers or try and cycle the ignition, turn on ing, switch for 10 sec. and off for 10 sec. do this three times.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

lakewakes.com

thanks Doc,
i will try the switch reset , i ride bike everyday and cant waste time at the dealer . bought 10.25.08 and have 3.5k miles on it right now  :wink:

HarleyFranco

I have an 08 Ultra, I had similar problems with my cruise, it would turn off, speed up, slow down, just drove me crazy.  Had the dealer take a look and they couldn't find any problems with it, but after they checked things the problems went away.  I think it was a pinched wire right at the grips.  Might want to inspect that area closely.

Frank

lakewakes.com

checked at control - npf , and checked at connector -npf . i will see if condition is fixed on my ride home.

lakewakes.com

well all's good for the trip home and the trip in this a.m. , dont know if ajusting wire location under dash panal or cleaning connector to reduce resistance or resetting switch as Frank said to do.

HarleyFranco

lakewaves,

I'm glad it's working for you now.  It could have been a dangerous situation.

Frank

lakewakes.com

Frank,
it acted up again , i will take to dealer in 2 weeks :emsad: