May 07, 2024, 07:30:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Removing front wheel on 05 FLSTCI

Started by blown alcohol, December 03, 2008, 12:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blown alcohol

Would there be a problem removing the front wheel wothout unbolting the caliper? I am going to replace brake pads and rotor on the front wheel.

The plan is to take brake pads out, then remove wheel, swap rotor, replace wheel, the drop in brake pads.
2013 CVO Ultra

bigpete1

the wheel may not come off without taking caliper off ,and those brake pads can be fun to get in there ,why not take out 2 more bolts and remove caliper ? pete

camel

Yep the wheel will drop off, but putting it back will be a bitch..easier to remove the caliber

blown alcohol

I have the brembo calipers. All I have to do is take out one pin, and slide the pads out. It would be easier taking one pin out instead of two bolts, and hanging calipers on string/cord. I am changing out the pads anyway.
It takes 5 min to change brake pads on these brembo calipers.
2013 CVO Ultra

Molly

I guess you could get away with it then. Don't forget to put a tiny touch of copper slip on the pins. I've known them seize in Jap bikes.

FSG

I have the brembo calipers.

that's a useful snippet of information that should have been posted with the initial question