May 07, 2024, 01:27:15 AM

News:

MIKUNI OR WOODS CV

Started by BONERACIN, December 03, 2008, 04:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BONERACIN

What is the better carb mikuni or woods cv? I am building a 95 CI twin cam and can't make up my mind which carb to get.
Boneracin
"Uncle Sam made me cut off my mullet"

scoopfraser

I've a Wood 40.5 mm King carb on my 95" Underground build and I'd buy another in a second.  Gets great mileage when I putt around and works well you pour on the coal.  I don't have any experience with Mikuni carbs so I can't offer an opinion on them.

Sean
----
2000 FXD
Edmonton, Alberta

mountain man

Woods carbs work well but they are pricey . Your not going to see a big performance difference between the two. You will get good mileage from a woods carb and you probably wont have to mess with jetting woods will set it up for you . Theres enough guys on here running miks to inform you on what jets to install before you mount the carb, but there going to need to know the particulars of your build . You can find miks used pretty reasonable on ebay or on htt swap board. $$$$ are the factor between the two

schmeg

I installed a Dakota Kid carb on my 95" after owning a Mikuni for some time. I just prefer the feel of the CV better. Lots of power. Less fuel economy than a Wood carb though. I'm fine with that. Motor runs real cool.

y2kflhr

i have had both stick with the mikuni, I never got good mileage as promised by woods, and the bike was professionally dynoed, out of the box it was so lean I am surprised I didn't fry my motor, the mikuni is a lot cheaper and I have the dyno sheets to prove the difference is negligable

se

has any one had any experience with the new PSI carb????
how does it compare to the Mik or CV carbs???
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

Hillside Motorcycle

Look on PSI's home page to see dedicated dyno evidence what one of our builds did with a PSI Carb.
111" S&S.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"