May 09, 2024, 12:29:07 AM

News:

03 custom clutch adj

Started by oldskool, March 22, 2010, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool

Well here's the deal. at lightly seated then backed off 3/4  I run out of lever adjustment! It has belt drives limited 9 fibers and 8 steels. primo rivera diaphragm spring. Normally when I've adjusted a big twin adjuster at just before lightly seated the hand lever will start moving out but on this the hand lever don't start moving until there is more than lightly seated , there's some pressure and I'm still running out of lever adjustment! Any insight would be appreciated!

oldskool

could the clutch cable be to long? I have to much free play at lever.

FSG

Is the ball ramp assembly all the way to the rear ?

Some cables are too long to start with, is it a stocker or AM.
The outer on some cables compresses which also causes the same problem.

oldskool

I believe it is a AM .  adj at push rod lightly seated ,  I  have the hand lever adj all the way out and I still have a 1/2 inch to much at lever.?

FSG

Below pic is the stock cable on my '03 Fatty.  Measure yours to see how much you have, perhaps you need to shorten the inner some.

FSG

as further reference an '06 and a '07 Softail Clutch cables have 3.5 inches of inner cable.

crazylore

If the cable was used before with that clutch I would be inclined with what was stated above and check the ball and ramp.....dont need to tell u how I kown  :agree:
04FLSTFI 95" TW 44 cams

oldskool

Wow never had to mess with a clutch like this ever! Well I go past lightly seated and then adjust cable, Now I have a dragging issue! So I back out a 1/8 on push rod adjuster thinkin it's to much then I got more drag! So I go back in1/4 .Will not shift into 2nd so I go back out a tiny bit and it shifts but I have some slipping .??? I know you guy's are reading this and saying what the hell! Believe me I know. Normally lightly seated push rod ajd. back out 3/4 lock the nut down then do your cable adjustment! Idk? It is a Revtech trans and B.D.L clutch pack 9 fibres and 8 steels.Anyone had any problems like this? Any input would be appreciated .