May 07, 2024, 10:52:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2001 flhc classic opinions

Started by stu058, December 04, 2008, 11:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu058

HI EVERYBODY. JUST ASKING A COUPLE OF OPINIONS ON THIS BIKE.  MY BOSS IS LOOKING TO PURCHASE FOR $11,500 AND 28,000 MILES. I TRIED TO STEER HIM CLEAR FROM IT DUE TO AXLE/SWINGARM ISSUES. ENGINE HE SAYS IS OK ( I WOULD ASK TO HAVE CAM COVER PULLED TO CHECK TENSIONERS ).  WHAT DO YA THINK......THANX    STU
mike

smoserx1

KBB.com price for a retail is $12065 & $8870 for a trade in.  Price sounds reasonable, but I might try to split the diff. in retail vs trade in if buying from an individual.  The mileage is certainly reasonable.  I am not aware of any swingarm/axle issues for 01s, but they do tend to get better as model years increase.  I have a 99, & did have to replace the swingarm after about 115K, but I believe mine was even weaker and more trouble prone than an 01.  Try offering $10500 and see what happens.  Chances are he will need to do the cam tensioners soon and the swing arm one day, but hey, nothing lasts forever.

Sonny S.

Nothing wrong with 01. As a matter of fact, easier to change a swingarm than do a Timken conversion.