What are the signs that you twisted your crank

Started by 7hogs, December 04, 2008, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7hogs

Bike is a 107" 2006 FLHXI Zippers kit and I am concerned that I might have twisted the crank and I am looking for the what signs I should be looking for and any help would be greatly appreciated before the engine is torn appart.

Faast Ed

Vibration, is one of the things that come to mind.

You really don't have to tear your engine apart to confirm it, you can pull the cam cover off and measure it there with a dial indicator.
≡Faast Ed>

x52gnr

Its swollen and turning blue at the end....... :hyst:  ok ok I am sorry but I had to....
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

TXChop

Why are you concerned?

The last crank i had slip gushed a ton of oil out the breather. Another that slipped made his gear drive LOUD! Also vibration can occur. Really, just have to check it.

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

7hogs

I have had some issues with vibration and also oil coming out of the breather that is routed to the ground that was not there before. Bike used to run smooth and strong. I went to start it and it choked and backlashed. Started the bike ran like it used to the went right back to vibrating again. Both motor mounts were replaced around 5k ago.

It was blue then turned red. After I hit the post I realized I set myself up for that one.