May 03, 2024, 09:02:56 PM

News:

09 bagger exhaust

Started by bronto, December 04, 2008, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bronto

does anyone know if you can use 07-08 after market exhaust systems on new 09 baggers.I would like to put a fat cat 2-1 on but i dont know if 07or08 pipes will fit new frame.thanks :  ?

patrickbilt

I dont know but would like to. i know the slipons  are the same as on the older style.

dirtydipstick

Bronto, give me a call at 850-494-1224 ext. 109 and I will let you know what I know about exhaust on 2009's. I tried to post a reply 2 times but it kept messing up so just call.

09fltr

Hey Bronto, Ive got my pipes from my 06 on my 09, they are v&h slipons.

Don D

The 09 pipes on the bagger look great to me and the results I have heard from my dealers are that they are working well too with slip-ons. I am not sure why to back date them to a design that is miserable to remove and not that great of a performer. I wouldn't be surprised if guys don't try to splice the 09 pipes on the earlier bikes but the lower cross-over and the oil pan are an issue.

gpp

i put my d&d pipe off my 06 rk on my 09 classic.i used the stock mid mount bracket with a longer bolt and a spacer to compensate for the differance in the mounting location on the fat cat compared to the stock bracket.also,i had to put a longer spacer between the rear hanger and the muffler.other wise that was it and havent had any problems.

garlow3

The True duels such as the Vance & Hines and Rhineharts for 07's will fit. However, I would be very concerned because the Ign Coils have been moved on the 09 touring to the rear just under and to the front of the Battery. This puts them very close to the rear Exhaust Header on the rear Cylinder. May not be a problem...I don't know. Vance & Hines has a new true duel Header pipe for the 09 where both pipes follow the path of the 09 stock, but is supposed to be Two seperate pipes. I have not actually seen them other than a picture. They are posted on Vance & Hines's web site. I am trying to find info myself as I am not sure which direction I am taking for my 09 Ultra.

If you find any more information please post, as Me and I am sure several others would be interested as to what is out there and Viable.

Thanks

superglidesport1

December 06, 2008, 04:50:13 AM #7 Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 02:22:29 AM by Superglidesport1
It would be interesting to know if the new '09 exhaust could be used on '08 and older touring models. If the oil pan presents a problem I'm sure it could be replaced with the new style. Not sure about the location of the crossmember though. I do like the fact that the heat is now further away from the riders.
You're known by the promises you keep. Not the promises you make!

Bakon

I like the new pipes. Would keep the headers instead of two separate pipes going the same route. Look like they should run nice with slip ons.
wasting time