May 03, 2024, 10:44:11 AM

News:

Bridgestones on a bagger

Started by Admiral Akbar, December 05, 2008, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Akbar

Anyone running Bridgestones on a bagger? Seem they make them for heavier jap bikes. I've been real happy with them on the dyna and a softtail.. Running a 180 rear on those and 19 front though.. If so what model.. Don't care for Skidlops / tired of Metzlers... Don't want to here bout them.  Max

smoserx1

I used to run S11 Spitfires on an old gold wing.  The S11 is the dual compound tire much like what the 09 baggers use today.  It is cheap, comes in 130-16 sizes and I thought was one of the the best tires in the rain I ever used.

MaxxV4

I'm currently running the Bridgestone Excedra on the front of my EG Standard. It handles the freeway grooves very well and seems fine in the rain. It looks like the sides of the tire wear a little faster than the Dunlops did, but I like to ride the twisty roads quite a bit.

Reddog74usa

I ran a Battle axe on the rear of my RK handeled good with a good sticky grip.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Admiral Akbar

Ordered a 702 excedra for the front.. 130x 16 and they make a 150 x16 for the rear.. Will run a 150x16 metz on the back.. (already have).

Puttin' BT21s on the V bike..

Thanks Guys,

Max

GoFast.....

December 09, 2008, 07:43:17 AM #5 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:49:27 AM by GoFast.....
I do not know how they wear but Bridgstones on a Harley sounds Foreign to me. I guess you could always put some black electrical tape over the name.
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: GoFast..... on December 09, 2008, 07:43:17 AM
I do not know how they wear but Bridgstones on a Harley sounds Foreign to me. I guess you could always put some black electrical tape over the name.

Well, Goodyear stopped making the supereagles some time ago.. (Its romured they stopped after AMF was able to find a better material for their bowling balls.  :hyst: ) and Firestone is now part of Bridgestone.. Good ol' John Boyd was an englishman (you know that foreign place where they talk some strange form of English  :wink: )... Avon, Metzler?

Yokohama used to make good motorcycle tires..

Max

04 SE Deuce

Bruce,
        Have you considered Dunlop's E-3, which is their premium tire. The casing is way more
stable at max lean angles, they don't track grooves near as bad, and wear is better compared to oem Dunlops. E-3's appear to be gaining popularity with the bagger crowd based on the threads here on HTT. I beleive they have been one of the tires of choice for
Goldwingers for a while. The last three fronts on my Deuce have been E-3's which gets shoved around pretty good, not much shriner activity and I'm satisfied.
                                                                                                Rick

Admiral Akbar

Rick,

Got tires for now but will look at the E-3s on the next change.. Quick look shows the options limited for the rear.. Looks like these tire fit the 09's up though.. Max.

GoFast.....

I love the custom look of a 880 metz, its the tire for me with 18in. 80 spokes

Admiral Akbar

I run 80 spokes.. 40 in the front and 40 in the back...  :smilep: Max

GoFast.....

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on December 09, 2008, 05:54:58 PM
I run 80 spokes.. 40 in the front and 40 in the back...  :smilep: Max
That what comes with stock doesn't it :teeth:

Ely

Gofast  What size Metzlers are you running on your 18"s ?    I been running 160/60/18 on rear and 140/70/18 on the front
been thinking about putting a 150/70/18 on the rear to regain some ground clearance.