April 27, 2024, 09:01:57 PM

News:

TTS Vtune CBL setting ???

Started by 06RoadGlider, April 06, 2010, 06:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

06RoadGlider

I am setting my vtune file and I am not sure about setting the CBL table. In the example it sets the complete table to 664 but when I look up in the tools for closest thing to 14.6 Afr (as this is what it says to set Afr tables to) the 02 Sensor voltage calculator say to set the table to 741. So is this what I should be doing for my first data run? I have set acell and decell to 0 as well as set PE to 10,000
The bike I am trying to tune and selected AE176-002-B1
06 Roadglide
1450cc/88cu
true dual Reinhardt's
high volume air cleaner
25 deg injectors
Any help would be great  :scratch:
Thanks in advance
" to all a great ride and return safe"

glens

April 06, 2010, 09:11:34 PM #1 Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:16:00 PM by glens
In a sense you're correct but in another you're not.  In that you want the "14.6" to equal 14.6 you're kind of right.  But what you want to do with the CLBs before you vtune is to set them where you're going to run them.  This will have two major ramifications.  One is that your AFVs will all be right around 100% (which I'm a fan of as being a good thing) when you're done and the other is that "open loop" AFRs will actually be as much richer out the pipe as your CLBs take "14.6" to. 

That last bit, looking from the other direction:  If you set your "14.6" to 14.1 via the CLBs and then vtune (which is the proper order), when you're done, assuming the appropriate VE table values are correct, a "13.5" in the AFR table will be 13.0 out the pipe.

The same thing should happen in the end whether you set the CLBs for "whatever_reasonable" beforehand, or "14.6" prior to vtuning but moving the CLBs later.  It's just that if you move them richer later, the open-loop enrichment (from what's shown in the AFR table) will be worked by the AFVs against VE values that wound up a few percent smaller during the vtune.

Again, again.  If you vtune with CLBs so "14.6" is 14.6 and later change them to 14.1, you'll have ended up with VEs 3% smaller but using a 103% AFV; if you vtune with CLBs so "14.6" is 14.1 you'll just have 3% larger VEs everywhere (and your AFVs should be 100%).  To me the second one is better as this leaves the most room to work either direction for the AFVs.

You can make that "13.5" be 13.5 again a couple of ways.  You might want to adjust VE values or you might want to go the "for sure" route and just use the appropriate AFR value to compensate.  In the end, though, without some method of actually confirming what the open-loop AFR really is (and if you're not using this in a competitive environment :) it's probably just fine to be a half-point richer than what it says in the AFR table.  Certainly better than being a half-point leaner than you think you are...

Oh, I haven't actually tried setting the accel/decel to 0.  I've got it in my craw that many of the extra "hits" I'd get by doing that might not be hits I want to include.  Not that they'd be "major wrong" or anything, just that I can see (through my mind's eye's rose-colored glasses) how they could be "just a little off".

06RoadGlider

Glens thanks for the detailed answer.

blkfalc4

I take it you did the O2 conversion on the bike?
05 FXDWGI-97CI..10:1..DeweyHeads 80cc..TW54G Cams..ST 2-1..TTS..C/L..3.37:1

06RoadGlider

Quote from: blkfalc4 on April 10, 2010, 06:08:54 AM
I take it you did the O2 conversion on the bike?
Yes thats correct I just finshed doing it and now I am trying to use the updated Master/Data/Vtune to tune the bike, but weather and lack of understanding is the next step  :scratch: :rtfb: