May 07, 2024, 10:50:17 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

WHAT DO I DO ?

Started by hotbagger1, December 05, 2008, 06:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotbagger1

December 05, 2008, 06:44:12 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:10:21 PM by hotbagger1
This is my bike
I love my bike but i got 2 really good offers on it
The 1st offered me a 91 lowrider all completely restored w/ all new sheetmetal new revtec 6 speed
tranny and a new s&s 113 ci motor putting 120 hp  the rear wheel it has 10.000 mi on it since resto

the next is a completely stock 98 dyna lowrider w/ 16,000 mi AND a completely stock dyna superglide sport w/ only 5000 mi on it  BOTH for my bike .

I am considering both trades but i have 2 problems ONE is i'm 6'4" 290 lbs and all the bikes are too small for me , my reason for even thinking about it is the fact that i just bought a house that's in fairly good shape but the garage is in really rough shape and i could sell  one bike and ride the other and redo the garage w/ the money that i get from selling the other one.
The other  problem is that i have a 2/12 yo son and another one due in jan. if i get rid of the bagger i probably won't get another one any time soon. WHAT WOULD YOU DO !

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

seattledyna

keep the bagger...darn nice looking bike, besides, it looks like fits you better than a dyna sized bike would.

oldhippie765

you didn't show pics of trades but that doesn't matter, your scooter i would keep (sweet) ;D

HroadhogD1

If you trade you won't be happy.  You said you don't fit either of the other bikes, and you will kick yourself in the a@@ every time you ride them.  You also said if you do the trade you won't get another one soon.  You will be miserable until you do.  JMHO

hotbagger1

Yeah i don't have any pics but they are both stock  .

04glide

It sounds as though you are happy with the bagger. I learned a long time ago when you are happy with something hold on to it because you will never be able to replace it as easy as you might think.

CraigArizona85248

I wouldn't go for either of those trades.  Especially the first one with the new sheet metal (most after market sheet metal never fits as good as OEM), revtech 6-speed (yuck!), and 113" motor.  I think your bagger is KILLER.  Find a way to keep it.  That's what I'd do anyway.

-Craig

hotbagger1

yeah i know what you mean i'm not a big fan of revtec either.

Baggerlady

Keep it, especially if it is paid for! There is no way you will be happy with those other bikes. You could park it in my garage!!! :rose:

eglideic

December 05, 2008, 09:11:53 PM #9 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 11:04:04 PM by eglideic
 Don't trade. Tell them you want CASH only.
If they give you an especially nice offer, take it.
In a number of months NEW bikes will be selling dirt cheap.
A new FLHT will do the job.
You say, yeah but your current bike is built balls to the walls.
Forget about that going fast "Potty mouth" now.
Nice and slow is the way to travel now that you have those little ones to take care of.
Leave that living in the fast lane stuff to the single guys.
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's what being a responsible parent is all about.

Molly

Looks like you've put a lot into that bike. Just keep it.

Trading only ever really benefits the trader.

quikbike

I hate snow

sandrooney

You never get them back. Keep the bagger, it's a nice bike.
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

76shuvlinoff

I'm only 5'8" 180 and I'd still keep the bagger unless it was affecting the finances for hearth and home.   
Good luck.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Guitarplayer

Back in 02' I sold my 71' sporty.  It was my first HD and meant alot to me, but we needed the money for our house.  3 yrs later I bought my 05' RK Custom and haven't looked back since.  Its going to be alot harder to part with this one, so I think I would sell my truck first, put studs in my tires and wear a snowmobile suit....lol

09fltr

December 06, 2008, 06:23:27 AM #15 Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 06:25:28 AM by 09fltr
Keep the bagger, shes a sweetie! Im the same size as you, and I look like a monkey fuggin a foot ball on a dyna, you dont want that do ya?

WideBoy04

Remember what you went through to get it the way you want it. Its there.
I'd keep it but if I wanted cash for the house I'd sell it outright, been there.

Jim
Galatians 2:20

madskillsjc

Heres what you do, you trade me for mine! Problem solved

shovelmonster76

Watch out for those Alligators

fxstdavew

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

texaskatfish

1 more vote for KEEP the beloved BAGGER!!!!
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/