May 07, 2024, 12:08:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2000 fatboy question

Started by roadchaser, December 06, 2008, 04:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadchaser

Looking for a value on this bike.A 2000 black fatboy with a Baisely 95" build.Heads alone were 3500 dollars.Woods cams,rollers the works.
Bike dynoed at 115tq and 114 hp.Bike has a fair amount of chrome.On a scale of 1-10 i will give the bike a 7 from the pics i have seen.Just looking for a ballpark figure.The seller wants to sell but won't price the bike. Thanks

road-dawgs1

When someone trades in a bike, they use book values.  All extra is bling and doesn't get added.  When someone sells a private sale, they may be able to get what they want.  I would look at kbb.com for a 2000 fatboy and add 1-2K.  If he wants more than that.....good luck to him.  Trade in on kbb shows $8590 for good condition and $11690 retail.  So I'd say if he's asking more than $13k he'll have a hard time especially in todays economy and knowing that a little more can get you a new bike.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

JAFHR

diddo what Road Dawgs said. I had an 05 Road King with a 95 motor and all the chrome you can imagine. It went pretty much for the price of the bike and not much more for the extras. The old axiom states that it's only worth what someone wants to pay for it. It's like building a custom car. You can put all the good stuff in it but typically you loose money on it. Pay what you feel the bike is worth to you, that is what is important at the end of the day.  :smiled:
2011 Road Glide CVO 110 with Woods 777 cams, Power commander 4, Rhinehart 4"

se

the market is real soft 13500 for a 9 yr old bike is a lot of money.
i know i could not sell my bike and i was askin 18500 and i have way over 7500 into the motor alone. make him an offer and see what he comes back with.
if it is going thru a dealer there might be extra money on top of what he wants for it  that goes to the dealse
G
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

dale3dale8

I'all give you a price for mine $13,500 firm. Items Done: 2002 Fatboy 15,500 miles, Black, One Owner

All items done after 7,900 miles
SE CNC Ported Heads, SE 95” Big Bore, SE Programmable Ignition, SE Adjustable Push Rods, 42mm Mikuni Carb., SE 257 Cams
SE Pistons, SE Compression Releases, Vance and Hines Big Shots, Harley Davidson Chrome Floorboards (Front)
Harley Davidson Chrome Floorboards (Rear), Chrome Front-end, Harley Davidson Tachometer, Harley Davidson Sissybar
Harley Davidson Sissybar Pad (Fatboy), Luggage Rack, S&S Carburetor Cover, Harley Davidson Cam Cover Chrome Bolts
Harley Davidson Valve Cover Chrome Bolts

I will be out of the office till Sunday

roadchaser

Thanks to all for the advice!!
Peace and Prayers  and a Merry Christmas to all