April 27, 2024, 10:57:15 AM

News:

starter motors

Started by gary11623, December 06, 2008, 06:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary11623

Have been looking at new starters ,any opinions...ultima...all balls...accell etc. The all balls on sale around 165.00 . Have factory hitachi on my 74 with new cables and 350cca big boar battery,and vulcan single fire ignition,starter works well. Don't now bout engine mods on either bike other than the dual plugs on the 74, the 82 fxb really struggles,changed out .wires,swithed batteries,connections etc.

Lew

I've heard nothing but good about the All Balls stuff.  I think I'd go with them...
JMO

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

76shuvlinoff

Just bought an allballs prestolite replacement to put on the project when the time comes so I really have no experience with it except for taking it out of the box.  Looks pretty good.. LOL
  With good cables and a good battery the prestolite spun my 93"er enough to start it. It struggled but it did it for 5 years since the first time I rebuilt it. I just this fall put a another set of brushes in it and it's fine again even with an ice cold mill.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway