May 03, 2024, 12:15:59 PM

News:

Injector size and #s

Started by bbqjmaki, December 06, 2008, 01:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbqjmaki

I'm working on a new build looking around the shop and came up with a set of injectors from a HPI 48mm throttle body with the  IPW# 143  , my stock injectors have the IPW# 043. Is IPW (injector pulse width)? Do I need the bigger injectors? My build 95" with flat tops ,83cc Big Boyz heads (grooved), Andrews 26g , 1.675 roller rockers , SE back plate with K&N filter, breathers routed to atmosphere, and all the rest of the normal stuff we do oil pump sring and washer,true duels, PC3,.03 cometic gasket , I all so polished the intake to remove all the casting lines and let the air flow faster to the head might help, might not, but why not. 
John

Lovetoride007

bbqjmaki

After researching most of today the #'s don't mean S##t ! The color of the band on the injector is what determines the gps (gram per second), still don't have the size for each color yet ? One set is white one set is brown , I have seen a set that was yellow. In the morning going to call dealer and get them to call Harley tech line see if they can shed some light on what I found today. Even if I'm right about the color?
John