April 28, 2024, 01:51:46 AM

News:

S&S - B intake manifold.

Started by shoveltrouble, December 07, 2008, 03:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoveltrouble

Hi, Just picked up a S&S super B carb (With superbowl bowl / acc pump and trumpet.)
I've been told that someone made / makes a curved intake manifold, pointing the carb on an angle towards the front and away from your knee.
If there is such a thing i want to find one, My questions are;
I have seen standard manifolds that are for either a rubber band or o-ring seals, Are they interchangable? How can i tell which type i'll need without removing the current one (Bike is a 1971 but has had many facelifts. Casting on heads state 05-66 and 07-66)
Who makes / made them?
Does anyone have one they want to off load? - I will post in w.t.b. once i know what one i need.
Thanks in advance.
Doug.

buzzurd

Those heads are set up for o-ring style intake but they do make a kit to change over to rubber bands.I've always run the o-ring and have had no problem.They can be a pain to install but in my opinion they tend to seal better.Not sure about the curved intake.
Buzzurd

randallwhitman

Rivera/Primo used to make an intake that curved forward.  I'm not at all sure, but I think it was really an extension that bolted to the regular manifold and curved forward.  It also might have been for a rather exotic carb setup.....like a monster dell'orto dual throat.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

Lew

I'm not familiar with a curved manifold for the B.  Rivera makes a curved extension for the SU manifold.  If ya just gotta have one it could be modified for the B.  You would need to have the SU manifold.  Then modify the carb end on the curved extension to fit up the B.
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

randallwhitman

Lewy's got it right.  I couldn't remember the details of the Rivera setup.  Old age.   :cry:    Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

stroker800

I have the SU manifold and the curved elbow,,,you would have to make an addapter from the B to the curved intake...not that hard...I have ran that set up for a year,,it takes away the low end grunt,,,it does add top end wide open drag racing...you will have to tell me if it is O ring heads or rubber band ,,,,I should have a couple different styles.
Dave