May 06, 2024, 09:48:03 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Energy One Clutch set-up

Started by DarrellV, December 07, 2008, 09:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrellV

Hey Guys, Thought I'd start a post about clutch disk. Going into winter {OHIO} clutch work is on "my list". My clutch is slipping some now in higher rpm. I pull a trailer and have 100k miles on stock plates so maybe it's time to replace. I have the Easy Pull arm and the 06 spring and a VPC. I'm looking at the Energy One clutch disk that so many on here have talked good about. The web site talks about a stronger clutch spring to go with this set up, BT-16.  Guys that have installed these do you run this spring as well? Or did you mostly pull your old disk setup out and slide these new one in and call it a day with good results?
I know the 06 spring is weaker, but I have a great lever feel now. I'm hoping I can keep this lever feel with my VPC/arm/06 spring and still have a strong enough clutch to hold everything. So maybe it is a trade off to have a harder pulling lever but better clutch. My motor is a 88" but will go to a 95" when I need to one day. Bagger running cost to cost 95" not a stroker street killer motor here.

se

i run the barnett kevlar clutch with heavy spring.
i beleive enegry one make it for barnett. i have a 120ci motor and works fine for me. i like a little stiffer clutch pull.
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning