May 07, 2024, 12:24:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New OCC bike what do you guys think

Started by madskillsjc, December 07, 2008, 02:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madskillsjc

I will start by saying I think they are a bunch of buffoons at least they act that way on the tube, who knows maybe they are good guys, can't stand watching the show and can't stand most the crap they build but I didn't think this was too bad.

http://www.occmotorcycles.com/srcruiser_prod.asp

Kansas

I  really like it.  The smallish fairing the, the exhaust, the whole bag and rear end treatment and those side design lines look like were done by the son of the guy that designed the 1953 Buick side trim.  It's awesome.

Evo1

That is a great looking bike! Only thing I'm not too fond of id the front fender. The OCC guys are putting on an act for the show and laughing all the way to the bank. They have been unbelieveably successeful. I don't know why anyone watches the show thou, you don't learn a thing about how to build bikes.

Steve

rihdrkc

Mostly bolt on from Corbin. Do it yourself for a lot less. They are idiots, but anybody that gives them any money for anything is an even bigger one. They are definitely laughing all the way to the bank though. 

JamLazyAss

It looks like a "Knock-Off of Arlen's Mess"    :down: :down: :down:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

howard kelly

Quote from: madskillsjc on December 07, 2008, 02:05:47 PM
I will start by saying I think they are a bunch of buffoons at least they act that way on the tube, who knows maybe they are good guys, can't stand watching the show and can't stand most the crap they build but I didn't think this was too bad.

I rode one of those bikes in Sturgis...absolutely amazing.  The powerr of the X-Wedge, the smoothness of the chassis and the comfort just made me want to disappear on it

I 100% recommend that bike
Howard

Lew

-It is now later than it has ever been before-

HV

A Victory with OCC Stickers ... If it breaks on the road ... have it towed to your nearest OCC Dealer... Call Mikey ...I think hes in charge of Tech Support
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Lew

Call Mikey ...I think hes in charge of Tech Support

:hyst:
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Glenn W

Quote from: rihdrkc on December 07, 2008, 02:44:40 PM
Mostly bolt on from Corbin. Do it yourself for a lot less. They are idiots, but anybody that gives them any money for anything is an even bigger one. They are definitely laughing all the way to the bank though. 
Bingo!!! How can bolting up bikes from catalog parts make them what they are-television! They made entertainment, not bikes. That fairing & bags is right off Mike Corbin's website, all the credit they deserve is from not bolting anything on upside-down :crook:
"Give your bike a Woody" www.woodysfairings.com

Scramjet

Anyone notice the S&S X-Wedge motor.

Has anyone here tried the X-Wedge?  It should have a lot of potential for more power.
B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

Sonny S.

Howard,

IMHO the motor is the ONLY part of that bike worth owning.
P!ss on OCC

WideBoy04

Bags suck, wheels are gawdy, other than that could be a cool bike.

Jim
Galatians 2:20

autoworker

I think the best times may be over for them.I can't see them selling too many in todays economy and I'm sure they have a lot more overhead costs running a factory compared to a shop.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

Jim Bronson

Quote from: HV® on December 07, 2008, 03:03:35 PM
A Victory with OCC Stickers ... If it breaks on the road ... have it towed to your nearest OCC Dealer... Call Mikey ...I think hes in charge of Tech Support
Reminds me of the Vision, possibly the worst looking bike ever.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Ken R

Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that go ga-ga over it.   

Don't ever let it fall over. 
And I wonder if the saddlebags get hot.

Ken

hotbagger1

that's  the best bike i've seen them build BUT i hate the bags.

nome

well the X-wedge aside the bike looks like a modified street glide to me.  as for the engine, will proably never be many of them around but for the rich man toys, and that ship may have sailed. 

HDRDR

jimrookie

I like it but after looking at the OCC high dollar theme bikes up close you have to wonder if these will be the same kind of fit and finish (ruff)

tireater

If it comes from the same big as$hat that make big bucks telling his kid how stupid he is...on national TV...it is useless... :down:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Ultrashovel

Quote from: rihdrkc on December 07, 2008, 02:44:40 PM

That's right. It just looks like Corbin bolt-ons. If OCC does it, you can bet it will be with an inflated price.

neale

someday69

if you have to ask..(then you probably cant afford it...like me..)....I bet it's a great ride with the new S&S Wedge,,,,I just recently got to see one of there shows....I did'nt hold out any real hope it would be worth a darn,,so I did'nt expect much....but I had some time,,and so I watched the hole thing,,but I'd rather read ..and I got some great books...but who knows....maybe one of the boys there will turn into a great bike maker....someday...

RK101

Sure wouldn't mind having the motor but the rest is the same as I feel about the Victory Vision just a little to George Jetson for my taste.  :teeth: If the wiring is anything on those like they are on there custom bikes I'd definitely pass. Everytime I see them on TV drill a hole in a frame and run a wire down through it the way they do I cringe. Can't ever remember seeing them put any kind of rubber grommet in the hole to protect the wiring.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H