May 09, 2024, 03:19:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

what are you running for headlight bulb?

Started by 02 Ultra, April 26, 2010, 03:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

02 Ultra

My last one didn't last to long. Brightness?
Thanks
02 Ultra Classic mild 95"

truck

I'm using the bulb that came with the bike in 2000. I tried an aftermarket bulb that didn't even last one season so I but the origional bulb back in and the bike is at 68,000 miles now.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

bigfoot5x

I have an 07 so I think the bulbs are different but....I found out that O'Reilly's will warranty the bulbs they sell for 1  year. My HD bulbs barely last 1 year so I am giving this $10 bulb a chance. They are the same wattage but not the blue/bright white light. Still plenty for riding at night.

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

harleyjt

I'm running a Silverstar.  First one lasted a little over a year.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

02roadcling

02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Mix01FLHT

Car HID conversion kit H4 bulb been in the bike last 4 years no problem plenty of light.

Mix :bike:
01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

Evo160K

For brightness and durability I like the Philips H4 12569 100/90 watt  Off-road Rally bulb.  Been using them since 1990.   You can see the heavy duty construction, think rally/off road use.  They're about $9-$10 each.  I get them from PEPI inc, Jack Clayton, 1-770-606-0803.

Just recently I put an Osram 64206 85/80 watt H4 Off Road bulb in to try.  Daniel Stern company said the Philips was good, but old technology, and recommended the Osram.  Last Thursday a bud riding in front commented my headlight seemed brighter than usual.  I hope he's right cause that bulb was an arm and a leg, maybe it was so bright because I washed out the housing.  We'll see this weekend, going to Panama Beach for the Thunder Rally.

sonicskip

Osram NightBreaker in a Bosch reflector/lens. Good light output and pattern considering small size (5 3/4") and stock wattage.
Works for me!

Skip
01 FXSTDI   Tucson,AZ

Milehog

Good suggestions.
There is a lot of snake oil in the headlight business with manufacturers making big claims. BTW 60 does not = 100.
Proud IBA member

04glide

02 Ultra

02 Ultra Classic mild 95"

Snorth

I got the cheap H4 bulb at walmart for $12 when my original bulb burned out.  Seems as bright to me  :wtf:

Clintster

I've always enjoyed the light set-up on this RK.  I am using the 04 and up clear lens with the bar and shield.  Running the HD $40. halogen, it is bright without blasting the on coming cars.  The first one lasted about a year and a half.  The lights on on this bike are one it's best features.  With the running lamps and low beam it is good.  Somebody thinks your running brights and flashes you, show them what the high beam on that lamp is and they will know they have errored.  Good set-up, no special wiring or burning fixtures.
Drive fast, take chances

zoot

What do the higher wattage bulbs  (Philips H4 12569 100/90 -Osram 64206 85/80 watt H4) do the the wiring ? My stock bulb is not the brightest. I would like to do a better bulb but don't want any smoke.

Mix01FLHT

My HID light is bright.  Its not blinding, not adjusted that high.  And I never get people flashing their lights at me thinking I have my high beam on.  But, I never need a high beam.  It is a broad flat light pattern in the 6000K range, so its pretty white.

Mix :bike:
01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

marc

WideBoy04

I'm getting ready to install a low beam H11 HID conversion in my
FLHT if it ever gets here. After install I'll do a review.

Jim
Galatians 2:20

harleyjt

Quote from: WideBoy04 on April 28, 2010, 10:07:25 AM
I'm getting ready to install a low beam H11 HID conversion in my
FLHT if it ever gets here. After install I'll do a review.

Jim

I'll be interested to hear what you think about it...  :pop:
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

frito1

'01 FLHT, I run a Silverstar in a Hella e-code lens.  Much better than stock.  The H7616 passing lamps help too.
"frito"  '11 FLHTP
www.eddiekieger.com

L-

Osram 70/65 Off Road Bulb in a Bosch reflector from Candle Power.  Works great and does not harm the wiring at all. This is in a 2001 FLHR.

L-

spankustang

Osram Nightbreaker and love it so far.  Much brighter at night!!