April 27, 2024, 12:50:22 PM

News:

vrod

Started by baldoldfxr, November 02, 2008, 09:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldoldfxr

C'MON now dont be shy,

Killer

Well, some of my brothers may look at me like I’m a fool… but, I’d give my left nut for a new Night rod…
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

shoveltrouble

Gotta agree about the night rod special, very nice.
I saw a "Muscle" in the flesh last weekend @ a motorcycle expo (Melbourne), quite impressed. Have seen them in brochures and soforth and never gave a second look.
Anyone know if hp/torque figures are the same as the Night rod special? :up:

Hal64hd

OK,

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

sfarson

Quote from: Killer on November 06, 2008, 08:20:22 PM
Well, some of my brothers may look at me like I’m a fool… but, I’d give my left nut for a new Night rod…

May have to explain the extra hang on the right, but the sacrifice would be worth it.

Killer

Thanks and I agree.  :up:
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Hal64hd

HELLO (TAP,TAP,TAP) is this thing on?

codyshop

Need to find a 91476-01 left saddlebag cover, chrome for the hard pod bags HD used to sell.  Discontinued/obsolete.   Anyone?  Thanks, Ray

bikerider58

Nope, you are wrong.  Other than the black out the Night Rod is lacking.   :duel:

The street rods were the best version made.

Granted, I think the MoCo should and could do much better with a design that uses the engine more, but they haven't stepped up.

sfarson

Quote from: bikerider58 on January 01, 2009, 07:33:27 PM
Nope, you are wrong.  Other than the black out the Night Rod is lacking.   :duel:

The street rods were the best version made.

Granted, I think the MoCo should and could do much better with a design that uses the engine more, but they haven't stepped up.

How were the Street Rods the best?

Molly

Hi Steve.

I've just posted a question about buying one of these V-Rod jobbies over in the 'General' section. Don't know all of the model designations but I'm actually not that keen on the Street Rod (which I think is the one with the USD forks?). I think it sits too high.

Still remember the first V-Rod I saw. It was on a British motorway and I near crashed trying to get a better look at it. Haven't given them much thought since but was quite taken with this one I test rode today. I'm sure my wife would find it easy to ride too.

Molly.

76shuvlinoff

helloooo  anybody in here? .

Not much traffic on the V-rod page, too bad.   One of these days when all HDs are water cooled you guys will be the pioneers.

Actually I do have a question. I was caught checking out an 06 SE and the owner made a statement about being at 150mph with it.  I know this bike is as stock as it was the day it was born. Nothing done to it since except regular washing and waxing, less than 5000 miles on it. 
Sharp bike but is 150 doable in factory Screaming Eagle configuration?   I'm not trying to rub his nose in anything, I've know the guy too long for that. This is for my own info.

Thanks!
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Hal64hd

I believe the top speed with the stock configuration (28 frt sprocket) is 145 MPH. When switched to the HDI international sprocket (30 Tooth) the top speed becomes 154 MPH
I have hit 130 MPH on mine a Few times with no effort and still had plenty of throttle and rpms left till redline. Heck I hit 65MPH in first gear

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

EVO2

In October I rented the Night Rod for 24 hrs. Las Vegas Harley Davidson treated me very well and I would do it again!
I put 353 miles on it in one day and it was a good time.
The 2008 had 120 HP, I just test drove a 2009 Muscle yesterday and they claim 125 HP for the new bike!
I shifted into second at 55 MPH the tach read 7,000 rpm and redline is at 9,000 rpm.
You do the math!
This bike is plenty fast enough for a guy who owns a 96 Electra Glide I can tell you that.
I wish I could transplant this motor in my bagger. One of the employees at Las Vegas HD told me that the Night Rod would do 150 mph. Hang on.
EVO2

Dennis The Menace

Need some input from VRod owners.

I have a 07 RG now, and have owned a Softail and all touring rigs since (Ultra, RK, 2 RG's).  Never been on a VRod.  Yet.  lol

I realize going from a bagger to a V is quite a change. But, what kind of change?  I assume better cornering, faster acceleration, faster in general.  Anything else to consider to compare to a bagger?

Whats the good, bad and ugly?  Is seating/position comfortable for an old guy?  lol

TIA

menace

bcrichard

I just went from years of riding softails to the V-rod. I'm an old guy (71) no longer into long distance road trips so I thought I would get something that's interesting to ride and good for weekend road trips. The Rod is smooth and fast, find myself cruising faster down the highways. I have a VCRSAW, the sitting position fits my 5' 8" size perfectly, and have found it to be comfortable on my 200 mile day trips. It's thirsty around town and gets about 35 - 38 mpg on the open road (do miss the 50+ mpg that my old evolution use to get). The exhaust heat is a leg cooker on an 80 degree day in city traffic (my bike is still stock). It not as convenient to strap on bags and such, need to install mounting brackets to carry anything. Servicing procedures are more complicated (just getting to the spark plugs means removing the air box, unplugging two breather hoses, removing the velocity stacks, removing the battery, and removing the coils). The bike is a pleasure to ride, technically more complex and wonderfully fast in stock form.

Dennis The Menace

bc, thanks for the input.  I am a little concerned about the riding posiyion, tho I am only 5' 9".  I am thinking about going by my dealer to ride one in the next few days.  They have a red Muscle that has been sitting a few months, and I might want to take her for a spin on the back roads.

Thanks again for the input.

Dennis

bcrichard

Dennis, FYI the new Muscle can be fitted with some large (2950 cubic inch) rigid saddlebags designed specifically for it, they look pretty good too