April 27, 2024, 10:33:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Wimmer intake

Started by jam65, December 07, 2008, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jam65

Just looking for some input on Wimmer intakes. Are they worth it or is money better spent on say a Doherty set up or even A/N big sucker?Thanks for advice.

MontePopham

I have the Wimmer dual runner intake on my 04 softail. I love the looks of it and get lots of complments on it. BUT, the guy that did my dyno tuning told me that I would probably get an easy 5hp more with a BigSucker. He felt the air coming into it had too many twists and turns which would restrict the velocity.

jam65

I was interested in a 90 degree basic that is similar to SE heavy breather.Just wanted to see who have Wimmer intakes and if they are worth it. Also looking at S&S single runner.

PanHeadRed

I will give you some input, as for the value only you can decide.

The Wimmer is a high quality piece, manufactured and finished (polished / chrome) in Pennsylvania USA, it looks good and works good.

A/N B/S? China

Here is the input - You get what you pay for.

Guitarplayer

I installed the 90 deg Wimmer last year.  Even though I was after the looks, the tech's at Wimmer gave me some performance advise.  Don't use a filter for twincams with EFI.  They will be too restrictive to tune.  they advised me to stick with the micron screen.