April 27, 2024, 10:08:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

06 road king police bike

Started by jazzman713, November 02, 2008, 10:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzman713

i have a stock 06 rk that im wanting to do a stage 1 on but need some advice please.im looking at
intake:zippers and j.e.t airstack
pipes:v&h pro pipe seems to be the best$
        d&d fat cat
        supertrapp
mapping or tuner:v&h fuelpak
                       tfi
                       direct link by techno research
down the road if needed 95"
what way would people go thanks

HV

Quote from: jazzman713 on November 02, 2008, 10:26:07 AM
i have a stock 06 rk that im wanting to do a stage 1 on but need some advice please.im looking at
intake:zippers and j.e.t airstack
pipes:v&h pro pipe seems to be the best$
        d&d fat cat
        supertrapp
mapping or tuner:v&h fuelpak
                       tfi
                       direct link by techno research
down the road if needed 95"
what way would people go thanks

I Like the V&H Pro and Direct link
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

HCC

Just to go over a few things. A stage one is not for a real HP/TQ increase, but to get your engine running better. Your engine is an air pump with fuel along for the ride. The air cleaner will get more air in. The exhaust will get more out. The fuel management system will make sure your AFR (air fuel ratio) will be correct for the combustion chamber burn. One question you need to ask yourself is what is the end product you want when you have finished with this bike. The add-ons now will affect the later modifications. Choose wisely. Another good A/C is the Arlen Ness big Sucker. The exhaust is a personal choice. Sound, performance, and look. The fuel management system will need to handle the 95" or larger displacement and any cam profile. We'll this may have been some help I hope. Do your homework and just don't pick anything. You'll be pleased with the outcome.