May 07, 2024, 12:20:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Want to do the oil mist fix

Started by someday69, December 08, 2008, 12:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

someday69

Ok this is one of the very old fix'es...lots of people have done it .....I have an arlen ness big.sucker with a stock cv40...
       So after all these yrs/miles,,,Im finally think'in why let all that oil mist into the fuel flow/combustion chamber??
  I thought it would be good cause it would lube the inside of the chamber/valves,ect...But it probably just makes carbon deposits that can cause detination.,or other trouble.....SOoo 
                                                                                   Should I drill some holes into the bang-0 bolts then try to plug the end that opens to the carb thout?? and of coruse try to tap the bang-o bolts where I drilled them for some tubes I can run somewhere...someday..??

someday69

Oh yea this is an 02fxd..and ,,,thanks again for your help....

tireater

I plugged the breathers on my Ness BS 2 and tapped a 1/8" pipe hole and routed them to the ground on both my bikes...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

HDDOC

Quote from: tireater on December 08, 2008, 12:45:37 AM
I plugged the breathers on my Ness BS 2 and tapped a 1/8" pipe hole and routed them to the ground on both my bikes...

What did you use to plug the holes from the BS ?   Thanks Doc
2019 Tri Glide

ron1026

I used small pipe plugs, tapped hole and red loctite, works fine.

Ron

HDDOC

Quote from: ron1026 on December 08, 2008, 05:48:40 PM
I used small pipe plugs, tapped hole and red loctite, works fine.

Ron

You did this on a Ness BS?  Thanks Doc
2019 Tri Glide

tireater

I used Simpson strong tite epoxy on the hole where the bolt goes thru...no chance it makes it to the intake...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

ron1026

Yes Doc it was a big sucker.

Ron