May 03, 2024, 06:53:05 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Big City Thunder Quiet Baffles

Started by aal, December 08, 2008, 12:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aal

Anyone have the Big City Thunder Quiet Baffles?  I just became aware of these.  I'm wondering how they sound and how much quieter they are, as well as how they are performance wise.

HDRDR

If you like a nice T- Shirt by them, if not? save your money IMO been there done that!!!

cowboy

I ran the BC baffles for a good while on my 03 FLH with gutted out stock slip ons sounded real good & never had to change the map , I took them off just to run some fish tailes , My son has the pipes & baffles on his 99 FLH & dosent want to give them back , I got many compliments on the sound Had one guy last year at the lonestar rally like my sound over his high dollor rinehearts  but like you I did'nt know they made a quite baffle But sience I have a set of there baffles I can make a second set
cowboy 94 softail
AlvinTX

aal

I actually used the regular bc baffles a few years ago.  I liked their sound at idle, but after that I didn't care for the sound.  I didn't notice any real performance difference; maybe a little bit more, but couldn't tell for sure.  I saw though that they have a new quiet series out, and am wondering if these are better.  I wouldn't mind a little quieter, or rather I guess my neighbors wouldn't.

FLTRI

My favorites for power and sound quality and level (adjustable):

http://supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?CatID=9&ItemID=728-78054

You can add and subtract the number of plates to get the sound just the way you want it. Then, if EFI, have it tuned to the configuration you chose.
Hope this helps,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

scoopfraser

What about these?  I wouldn't mind trying these out but I can't afford to be the guinea pig.

http://www.rocky-mountain-performance.com/

Sean
----
2000 FXD
Edmonton, Alberta

FLTRI

Quote from: scoopfraser on December 09, 2008, 02:15:41 PM
What about these?  I wouldn't mind trying these out but I can't afford to be the guinea pig.

http://www.rocky-mountain-performance.com/

Sean
----

Looks like someone came up with an adjustable cork for your exhaust. :dgust:
I'm sure someone, somewhere will buy them, but maybe not now that folks are paying more attention to the money they spend. Also, with the extreme vibration and heat in the exhaust I wonder how long the things will stay in one piece?
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

HDRDR

IMO...Cycle Shack exhaust would be a better option....SE were great up to 2000 and took a shi* after that do to epa...good luck on your choice.

aal

Those quiet riot baffles look very interesting.  I did a search on them and couldn't find any comments, except in one forum where one person said they do work.