TTS MasterTune with VTune for 05

Started by RoadKingKohn, December 08, 2008, 12:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole

What I am saying is I do not know for sure on any of them until the testing is done. Currently there are about 25 part numbers for the ECM's on the Delphi bikes alone. There are different setups for the different models. Mix this all together and it is very possible that works on one may not work on the other, we just do not know at this time. What we hope to do is figure out what does work and be able to set things up so that the early bikes ('05 up) can be converted for closed loop. Once those are handled then take a look at the '04 down models.

Anyone who is willing to try it do not stop due to what I've said as the worst that can happen is it will not work. I just want people to understand it's just not as simple for us to say go buy sensors, install them in the exhaust and hook up a couple wires.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Steve Cole on December 17, 2008, 08:51:29 AM
What I am saying is I do not know for sure on any of them until the testing is done. Currently there are about 25 part numbers for the ECM's on the Delphi bikes alone. There are different setups for the different models. Mix this all together and it is very possible that works on one may not work on the other, we just do not know at this time. What we hope to do is figure out what does work and be able to set things up so that the early bikes ('05 up) can be converted for closed loop. Once those are handled then take a look at the '04 down models.

Anyone who is willing to try it do not stop due to what I've said as the worst that can happen is it will not work. I just want people to understand it's just not as simple for us to say go buy sensors, install them in the exhaust and hook up a couple wires.
Ah okay.  Now I understand.

RoadKingKohn

So how does one get a file for the TTS MasterTune?  I went to the website and tried opening the 127EV100-C0.MT6 (same as EV127-000?) and it would not open or down load.  Am I doing something wrong?  I do not have the TTS yet but hope to be getting it about the middle of January 09.

Herko

Scroll down on that TTS page.
They're all in one zipped folder.

You'll still need SERT or TTS software to open the MT6 files.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Steve Cole

Just so everyone knows we are just completing the 2006 closed loop files. We have made what we feel will be needed in changes to make them work in any 2006 closed loop big twin motor as well as any 2006 open loop bike that has the factory O2 sensors added onto the bike. These may or manot work correctly in a 2005 big twin bike as well but they will need to be tested and we do not have anyone setup to test it. So if someone want to give it a try on a 2005 model the worst that can happen is something doesn't work right and you would need to go back to a 2005 open loop calibration. The latest version of Mastertune will allow you to program these new files into a 2005 or 2006 model year. We hope to have these on the update service by close of business on Monday.

waskier01

So, should I try this on my '06 113" SG w/O2's & '07 map, or leave the '07 113 HO map in there.

FLTRI

If you have an '07 map in your '06 bike it should state "CLOSED" in the upper r/h window of the VE tables, right? Steve can shed more light on what possible ramifications (engine warning light, etc) of doing that is, but I only know if you use an "OPEN" map ('06-earlier) on a closed loop (07-up) bike, it will log a code and the engine light will come on and off to remind the rider there is a out-of-range reading from the system. Of course I know this because I goofed and did it.  :embarrassed:
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Steve Cole on December 19, 2008, 04:49:02 PM
Just so everyone knows we are just completing the 2006 closed loop files. We have made what we feel will be needed in changes to make them work in any 2006 closed loop big twin motor as well as any 2006 open loop bike that has the factory O2 sensors added onto the bike. These may or may not work correctly in a 2005 big twin bike as well but they will need to be tested and we do not have anyone setup to test it. So if someone want to give it a try on a 2005 model the worst that can happen is something doesn't work right and you would need to go back to a 2005 open loop calibration. The latest version of Mastertune will allow you to program these new files into a 2005 or 2006 model year. We hope to have these on the update service by close of business on Monday.
How do I volunteer and do I just need to switch out out my O2 sensors for the 2006 Harley ones?

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Herko on December 19, 2008, 12:46:35 PM
Scroll down on that TTS page.
They're all in one zipped folder.

You'll still need SERT or TTS software to open the MT6 files.

Would that explain why I cannot even get the file to download?  I have a version 450 SERT on my computer right now.

ViennaHog

Try to get the 4.77 SERT version first. Maybe somebody has the no longer sold software sitting somewhere.

FSG

Would that explain why I cannot even get the file to download?  I have a version 450 SERT on my computer right now.

They're there to get on the right side of the page, HERE is a link to the page.

Herko

RKK.
Email me with your email addy and I can send you the MT6's for the BT models.
4.91MB though. Got Broadband?
My email in profile.

Should be able to open with v.450 but can get v.477 here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on December 20, 2008, 01:04:57 PM

They're there to get on the right side of the page, HERE is a link to the page.

Thanks Sir Garfield.  That is the page I went to several times.  It just never would let me download.  I would open the folder and go to the program.  Click on it and then nothing would happen.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Herko on December 20, 2008, 02:30:55 PM
RKK.
Email me with your email addy and I can send you the MT6's for the BT models.
4.91MB though. Got Broadband?
My email in profile.

Should be able to open with v.450 but can get v.477 here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Thanks Herko.  I will be emailing you.  I have emailed you before and saved your address.  I will try the link you have here and see what happens.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: ViennaHog on December 20, 2008, 01:00:03 PM
Try to get the 4.77 SERT version first. Maybe somebody has the no longer sold software sitting somewhere.
I will do that.  Thanks.  Herko provided a link to get it.

waskier01

My '06 SG is CL.  I am also running a TTS MT on it, with a '07 CL 113 HO map.  It's running fine, but we have too much ice lately to be riding this tuning it.  After the snow and ice melts I can take it out to do some more tuning, but first I'll be testing the USB port connections.  I keep having USB disconnection problems.

FSG

December 20, 2008, 03:44:00 PM #41 Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 06:28:10 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
QuoteThanks Sir Garfield.  That is the page I went to several times.  It just never would let me download.  I would open the folder and go to the program.  Click on it and then nothing would happen.

Then it's a browser problem ...........

Steve Cole

We were without service on Thursday all day until the phone company could resolve there issues. That being said the servers were all reset on Friday so you might try to download the file your looking for again. Just locate the .MT6 file then double click it and it should allow you to download it.

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: Steve Cole on December 20, 2008, 05:48:54 PM
We were without service on Thursday all day until the phone company could resolve there issues. That being said the servers were all reset on Friday so you might try to download the file your looking for again. Just locate the .MT6 file then double click it and it should allow you to download it.
That explains why I was able to finally get it to download.

spunky_man

hey guys, just wondering wheather theres any new developments yet, as their's been new posts since mid December. if things work for the 04-05 bikes, what better way to kick start the U.S. economy. you never know, Harley might do another run of 04-05 bikes and go back to 88Ci.  :bf: :sink:

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Quote from: RoadKingKohn on December 21, 2008, 06:07:12 PM

I am interested in the purchase of a few DTT TCFI IId or newer ECUs which don't have burned out circuits such as fuel pump pins.  Sorry, not interested in the TCFI II model.  So when you make the move to your new ECUs, keep me in mind.
Seabrook

RoadKingKohn

Quote from: -SeabrookTrickBagger on March 08, 2009, 04:36:34 AM
Quote from: RoadKingKohn on December 21, 2008, 06:07:12 PM

I am interested in the purchase of a few DTT TCFI IId or newer ECUs which don't have burned out circuits such as fuel pump pins.  Sorry, not interested in the TCFI II model.  So when you make the move to your new ECUs, keep me in mind.

I am very confident that the #4 pin is dead on mine.  Maybe I should open it up and see if just the connection is broken and can be soldered.