April 27, 2024, 01:10:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Star Hub - Timken Bearing Conversion

Started by CraigArizona85248, December 08, 2008, 02:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigArizona85248

There was a member from the old HTT who was doing Star Hub timken bearing conversions.  Does anyone remember who that was?  Is he still doing it?  My old brain can't come up with the user name.

-Craig

Hal64hd

December 08, 2008, 03:16:04 PM #1 Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:23:45 PM by Hal64hd
Craig I found this sight that has the star hubs with the temken bearings about 3/4 down on the page.

http://www.cas4.com/Wheels-Tires/wheels-tires-40-spoke-wheels2.html

panz4ever

CraigArizona85248

Thats the thread I was think of.  Thanks guys!  I've sent off some email.

-Craig

moose

craig keep us posted as it would be good info now that star hub pros is not around
Moose aka Glenn-

greybeard_541

He did mine- great job!!!! I'll find more info if anyone's interested...

Greybeard

greybeard_541

Yeah, that's the right email... Once again, great job, all is serviceable with currently available parts. Sure beats the alternative!

I'll sure be one to "beat the drum" for this man's conversion!!!

Greybeard

greybeard_541

Just an update... I talked with Marty (conversion guy) last night via email and his addy is: msockwel@aol.com

He'll be joining us here at the new digs soon as "shovelheadsteadyjob". Said he welcomes anyone with questions to write him regards his conversion...

Greybeard

moose

did he have any price list available yet.
Moose aka Glenn-

CraigArizona85248

He emailed me back.  It's $155 for the conversion.  That includes the parts and the machine work.

-Craig

panz4ever

That's a hell of a good price. 45 Parts Depot offers complete set up for almost 3 C-notes.

panhead_dan

I did my own years ago and it was a piece of cake.
After a little research I found that there was a suitable bearing available and cheap for one side but not the other side. I bought two of them and went to the local machine shop. They made me an adapter cup for the odd side so the same bearing worked in both sides. Then it was just a matter of cutting new spacers.