April 28, 2024, 08:48:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New project...

Started by Trip, November 02, 2008, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trip

...still need the rest tho....................................... ;D

4DWUDS

You gonna run Syn or Dino in there ?
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

Trip

Depends on the drip rate!!  ;D

ModelABob

Say Trip,

Is that:  a)  a fancy paper weight?
               b)  the start of changing the rear brake system on your EVO so you don't
                    stop as good
           or  c)  ya' got the bug to build up another Pan

Inquiring minds would like to know, even blurry one's like mine. ;D

AMF/Ride Safe ;)
To Ride, Shoot Straight & Speak the Truth.....  J. Cooper

moose

its a good start

nice rug !

moose
Moose aka Glenn-

Trip

LOL********  right now...its AB&C !! ... ;D

Erichill

Two years and 20 grand later we want photos.  Oh wait, that was me. Save yourself the misery and make a frisbee out of it. Just kidding of course!
Eric

Trip

Oh man....i know exactly what you mean!!!...i think i,ll just stick with EVO,s now...the old club, etc, days are gone ....but i am gonna install a kicker on my sloptail....i miss em bigtime and i never did trust Harleys "lectric" start....they,re still garbage ...LOL***

ModelABob

I've got just enough parts except for a couple of "small items" (frame & tranny) to build up another scooter. :smiled:
But keeping the Evo, Pan and other toys up 'n running, not to mention the 'ol lady, is hard enough. :dgust:  However,
if I ever came across a good Knuckle motor for a decent (ha, ha, ha....that's funny) price I might be tempted. :teeth:

AMF/Ride Safe :wink:

Trip

November 08, 2008, 05:32:52 AM #9 Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:30:55 AM by Trip
I hear that!!...i know where theres a complete 64 engine...complete...but he wont sell...right now i,d settle for a ridgid Denver frame cut for a 21 over Denver springer....i,d build that in a heartbeat...at least thered be one real chopper around  (lol)

dave_9113

Quote from: Trip on November 02, 2008, 11:22:19 AM
    ...still need the rest tho....................................... ;D

Junk!  I'll need that for my '67.   :embarrassed:

dave

Trip

LOL** only if you,re gonna run late model Pan juice brakes.....which werent worth a #$%@ ... :wink:

Erichill

Think the juice brakes are bad, try the mechanical rear brake.  I can mentally slow my bike faster than my rear brake will.  I press it once in a while just for laughs. I have a single caliper disc on front which you still Popeye forearms to haul down in a hurry. 
Eric

Trip

I know mechanicals all to well....but you COULD get her sideways if you had to....the early juice had a tendency to "swell up" !!...next thing you know...your brakes are on fire on the freeway.....man that wasnt cool at all..........................................lmao*

ModelABob

I never really had that much problems with the late style juice drum brakes.  As long as you set them up right the
first time they were O'Kay. :rtfb:  My '65 Pan originally had them, plus a '66 and '68 Shovels that I had.  Eventually, I replaced the rear brake setup on my Pan with a '74 style "Banana" caliper/disc brake system.  Still using it to this day, outdated and labour intensive to keep up, but it works real good for me. :teeth:  I never rode to many mechanical brake
Harley's.  I do remember the rear brakes sure did like to fade on them, real fast! :smileo:

Trip

I remember welding a stud to the swingarms so the bannana brake would work without bangin the &*%t outa everything....ridgid mechanicals never bothered me....but back then i never rode sober either,..........................................................................ever.

Pzokes

I never had a problem not being able to lock up mech or hyd drum brakes...just a fade problem.....running "The Dragon" on a '51 was an expreience.  Now we have people relining the shoes with NASCAR brake compounds which really helps.  But, lately I've been using late model "take offs".  You can't beat the prices of '84-99 & '99-up calipers. 

Trip,
Chrome & carpet, I think that you're on to something.  Maybe you can sell the idea to OCC.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Trip

OC WHO??????????????   LOL****************  not on a good day!!   :wink:

Trip

ModelABob

Eye candy....that's for sure! :smilep:  You just can't beat the look of chrome or polished stainless steel pan covers with the thin steel d-rings. :smiled:

SMF/Ride Safe :wink:

ModelABob

SMF/Ride Safe?.....That should be AMF/Ride Safe :wink:   Sorry about that, it's just to damn early (damn dogs!) here. :emsad:

Trip

AMF ??????  American Muth******ers ????

ModelABob

Trip,

Back in the day when AMF (American Machine & Foundry) took over, and saved Harley from extinction. :horse: There was a lot of termoil at H-D and they did not turn out such a good product for a while as I'm sure you know.  So as a play on words, my bros and I use to say "Adios Mother F**ker" or "AMF" for short when we would part company.  :smileo: I don't know how universal the saying was, but I always liked it and continue to this day to use it.
So........

Trip

Oh Yeh!!!..i hear that!!...remember getting brand new shovels with NO second gear???  i do!!!...LMFAO********* unbelievable....

Trip

............................oh goody!!