May 07, 2024, 04:55:22 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Another old hippy biker gone

Started by HDSlowride, December 08, 2008, 07:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDSlowride

Jim died yesterday.

Cancer got in him several months ago. 62 years old. I've known him since I was about 8 years old, I guess. Him and my big brother were in the same M/C club in Ohio when I was a kid. Before I was old enough to ride on the highways (legally) he would come by and pick me up (ridin' bitch wasn't a bad thing back in the sixties) and take me to club meets on the weekend. My brother seemed like he always had to be there earlier. My job was to watch over the watering trough outside the clubhouse. That was where everybody deposited their beer and it would get iced down. After everyone come out of the club, I got to step and fetch beers for everyone that wanted one. Of course, I got to drink one every once in a while and be like the regular guys. Pretty cool stuff when you're about 14 years old. By God I sure miss them days.

He got down real weak late this summer and dropped his bike the last time he tried to move it. Couldn't pick the dresser up and had to call for some help to get it in the garage. Last time he touched it, I'm sure. He went down fast.

Jim...you old hippy (and a vet)....God Bless you brother...I hope you're pain free now and flyin' high.
'07 Ultra Classic

Clintster

:sad: Sorry for your loss, sounds like a good friend and Brother.  In the afterlife you can take another ride with Jim...         clint
Drive fast, take chances

CraigArizona85248

Sorry for your loss.  Great story though.  Thanks for sharing it.

-Craig

StrokerDave

Lew

Sorry man.  He's never really gone though as long as he lives on in your memorys.
RIP Jim......
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Gonzo

Its guys like that that made us what we are. RIP
Gonzo

Bakon

wasting time

RK101

Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Dennis The Menace

Slow, sorry to hear the sad news, but nice memory and tribute to Jim.  Thanks for sharing with us.

menace

FLH

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences to his friends and family.

egstandard

Sorry to hear about your friend Jim. We all have had someone like that in our youth who we really looked up to cause they treated us as equals even though we were years younger. When they depart, it leaves a big hole and a lot of youthful memories come flooding back. You'll ride with him again someday. RIP Jim. :sad:

Panzer

SLOW,
I too am sorry to hear of your loss.
Like EGSTANDARD said, "You'll ride with him again someday, just don't make it anytime  soon. 
He'll be waiting there for you........he'll hear your pipes on arrival....God Bless.
R. I. P. to your friend.

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

dakota224

Sounds like a very good guy,, Rip bro :sad:  ridin high in the sky..

Biscuit

Sorry to hear this. God bless his soul.
"I do all my own stunts".