May 09, 2024, 11:38:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

still ticking

Started by 94sporty, May 12, 2010, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94sporty

so i tried to adjust one of the push rods and road it for about 15 min. and the tick got really  bad so i guess im going to start from square one and readjust all the push rods. does anyone know how many turns for the andrews push rods. also talked to local shop and they said the comp lifters which is what i have happen to be pretty noisey. is that true? what are good lifters for the price? thanks

mayor

Quote from: 94sporty on May 12, 2010, 07:03:32 PM
does anyone know how many turns for the andrews push rods. 
determine how many threads per inch the threads are, and go 1/10 (24 tpi is 2.4 turns, 32 tpi is 3.2 turns).
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

dhla40

I adjust my pushrods a little different than most, but...as far as lifters go, I use the stock H-D lifters ("B" rev) in my twin cam and JIMS hydro-solids in my Sporty. Some people have reported issues with the JIMS hydro-solids, but I haven't had any problems with them and I use the sporty for drag racing only and this bike regularly see revs up to 7k with the occasional trip to the 8k rev limit.

--jack