May 07, 2024, 12:51:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

full face or three quarter helmet with face shield?

Started by starrider, December 08, 2008, 09:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKC03

Rode to work tonight, 31 degrees, had my heavyweight balaclava under my 1/2 helmet. Have goggles over opening for eyes....enough cold finds it's way around goggles to make me consider a full face, but like you...I don't want more weight on my shoulders....we in Mo don't have a choice on wearing helmets or not....many wear the novelty helmets to appease the MAN......have had occasions when I've been glad as evidenced by the scrape marks...my newest helmet is 5 years old...guess I'll have to make a decision myself...soon    :wink:  RKC03
RKC03

HV

Years ago I Ice Raced on lakes around here...wore a Full Face MX with Goggles and a good Scarf .....or Balaclava ... 30 below WFO  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

RKC03

Just rode home from work...18 degrees, bike barely wanted to start  :crook:  ....sat outside overnight...maybe the bike will determine what temp I ride in...was darn cold...goggles kept fogging up...bike coughed at times...was and still am thinking of heated gear...just not sure if gloves only or any other article of clothing.... was thinking salt and cinders would be what would keep me from riding to work once in a while.... will say the ride wasn't the most enjoyable :wink:
RKC03

Flat Dog

I'm with the guys who go full face in the great white north. Winter time and a 1/2 helmet is (IMO) just plain nuts, and you could end up losing face parts. Nothing like having your necrotic nose drop off after riding to work with a snazzy HD half helmet on. Whoops!!!