April 28, 2024, 08:56:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

anybody runnin a backrest solo

Started by pappyfreebird, December 09, 2008, 11:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappyfreebird

need ta see sum idears on solo backrests,,,have a mustang lepara n duo glide sprung solo...but mayun 500 fer mustang wid backrest is mookoo bucks..any pix idears hey evin donations...keep coomin up blank ,,rekon there jus aint a cool solo backrest period!  but gonna hafta give in ,,it keeps my back straight n helps wid pinchun the nerves that cut off my leg n lately my wiley cyotee( n we cant be fuggan havun that no how bruthas) so show me sum pix of yer home brews ,,er evin boughtin (specially the mustang like upside down etc) maybe i convert one i have some how (that be my hope)  thanks pappy

Lew

Pappy I know of nothing available other than the Mustang.  Five hun sounds like it's worth it though if it can keep the cyotee from howlin......
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

pappyfreebird

wahahahaha  yea lew rekon so...but i be purty sure that set up has ta be bolted down purty firmly...i have most a my solos on spring clips ta jus pop on n off..been kickun round idear of hackin up sum sideplates n mountin em like to shock strut bolt arear n makin me a lil bar n pad outta stock type stuff..yet still switch out seat quick n easy ,,plus ya nevo know when the lectric leg might take off on ya...so come on ya homeaders show me yer handy werk

Purplepandan

I mounted the backrest and brackets off of an office chair to a solo and it worked good. I looked till I found a kinda small one and it looked fine. I pulled it out of the trash!

Old Crow

I've been thinking of mounting a backrest to the air ride solo seat I run.  I've got an extra Mustang backrest pad and was gonna have the local welding shop kinda copy the backrest part of the hand rails and make the bottom part so it'd bolt to the same frame the seat bolts to.
Still kinda in the planning stages, though.
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

pappyfreebird

yea ive got a few dif. pads (the office chair is cool n i have sum pieces of them) i r like a crow ,,they were chrome n heavy so in my stash a junque they went...now this here on e im sittun on at werkie is noice ,,,flat spring type steel,,mmm maybe i need new chair here..i have the oblong type chair pieces,,but this one right here , made of flat stock could be mounted right to fender under seat ,,sosin seat would still pop right off ,,mmm thanks fer the idears dudes