May 09, 2024, 01:29:50 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Problem with Biketronics BT801 and LED turn signals

Started by 02rk4cruzin, May 27, 2010, 07:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

02rk4cruzin

I have a 02 FLHR that has the following for lighting:

Radiantz LED tail/brake light with flasher unit
Radiantz Dogeye LED rear turn signals
Stock front turn signal

The above all work correctly without a load equalizer due to only having 2 rear LED turn signals

I just installed the Radinatz LED DRUGZ front turn signal and the Biketronics BT801 load equalizer.  When I first installed everything and turned on the ignition, everything tested out OKAY. Started bike and everything OKAY.

Turn off bike and turn on ignition again and................now the brake light does not light. I can hear the relay working but no brake light. If I take out load equalizer the brake light works but of course I get fast turns after 4 blinks.

I thought maybe there was an issue with the LED brake light, so I removed and installed a stock bulb. Still no brake light with LE installed.

I called Biketronics and talked to tech support. They said that the LE should have no effect on the brake light as it only is set up to correct the load on the turn signals.

So I have to remove the DRUGZs from the bike in order to have the brake light work. BUMMER.

Has anyone heard of this issue and can provide any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

T

ThumperDeuce

I have the same setup on my Deuce and it works fine.  I don't know if this makes any difference in your situation but if I remember correctly you have to disconnect the battery then plug in the equalizer then hook up the battery.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

02rk4cruzin

Thumperduece,

I did that. Weird that it stops working after the bike starts and I turn off then on again. Biketronics is Stumped as well