May 01, 2024, 08:19:59 PM

News:

Thanks Herko!

Started by PoorUB, December 09, 2008, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoorUB

I ordered the Pro-Kit and Andrews 26N cams from Herko. (To convert my '05 to the new style tensioners) Paypal on Friday evening and Saturday AM he had the parts in the mail. They showed up here Monday! Shipped from IN to ND. I dropped the cams in tonight. Well put together kit, A few more items than I needed, but the extras were cheap insurance that the job got done right.

I highly recommend anyone going with conversion cams to give Herko an email about his kit. Price was right too. I priced most of the items in the kit and could not do any better if I bought them somewhere else, and took the time to piece it togather myself.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Herko

PoorUB,
Thanks for the kind words. Glad it was to your satisfaction.
Sounds like your well on your way, but if any questions arise, give me a shout.

Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

crazy joe

I also bought a kit from Herko   could not asked for better service!

HD WOLF

Me too haven't done the work yet waiting for Jan. when it's way to cold to ride here in KS.
Herko is a nice guy knows is "Potty mouth" very helpfull! :up:
R P

HarleyInNH

Yes indeed, I agree.

I bought a kit from him as well.

He knows his stuff and has been willing to asnwer any question I have asked (and he sent me some additional info simply out of the goodness of his heart!)

His Conversion kit is a deal and has EVERYTHING you will need to change over to conversion cams.

Couldn't give a better recomendation!!    :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
My pride is cheap, my Harley is not.

Tsani

UB - Yup. Good kit and a good deal. Got mine from Herko not long ago. Just started the chnge up last nite. Not as quick as you. Out of work so I need something to do. LOL! Seriously folks, Herko put together a very good deal here.

UB - Whatcha gonna do about the Retuning? Just thought of that this morning. I don't have the funds for a dyno job so I guess I will be redoing my SERT map myself. Don't think it will need any huge changes but I could be wrong. Rather run rich than lean till I can get it done right.

BTW - Thanks again Herko!
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

bfancy

Ditto what everyone is saying about Herko. He is a super guy to deal with, really knows his stuff, and has put together an awesome kit including thread locker, assembly lube, complete bolt kit, gaskets, etc. I am really pleased with how my cam conversion installed ( I did it myself!) and works. Thanks Herko!!

Arrowsmit

Yepper! :up: Herko offers the only 100% COMPLETE conversion kits (that I'm aware of) & has great prices on many other top shelf performance goodies as well. Lightening fast shipping & I can't say enough about his service after the sale; always very friendly & willing to freely share his knowledge. I'm sure I've tried his patience many times, yet he always seems glad to hear from me. John is definitely one of the good guys.

VicW.

Faast Ed

Daaaaaang. These reviews are so good I wished I had a bike to convert!   LOL

I know he does people right, just thought I'd throw a bump in there for others that are lookin' for the kit.
≡Faast Ed>

Herko

Gents,
Thanks for all the votes of confidence.
Dealing with first-rate people makes it a pleasure.

DGlide04

Not that Herko needs any more praise, but earlier this year he helped me out with a choice of cams for my '04 Road King conversion this winter.  It seems like a never ending stream of e-mail back and forth answering questions and making recommendations for the right cam for my project.  No pressure to buy, but a purchase is coming before Christmas as soon as the next paycheck comes.  Thanks for all of your help, I'm looking foward to getting my kit underway before New Year.

tomp

Anyone done the conversion from gear setup to the new style? Looking to see if the conversion kit offered up a noticably quieter cam chest?

I geared setup in my 04 and it is really clackity-clack noisy....

Tre_11 FLHX

:up:  :up: For Herko- Bought my TTS from him, the support he provides is unmatched!

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Herko

Quote from: tomp on December 10, 2008, 10:28:15 PM
Anyone done the conversion from gear setup to the new style? Looking to see if the conversion kit offered up a noticably quieter cam chest?

I geared setup in my 04 and it is really clackity-clack noisy....

Did a 2005 M.Y. 95 to 117 build. This 95 had gear drive and was a bit noisy.
The 117 now has a bottom end built by Darkhorse. Could have easily went back with gear drives ie virtually nil runout on the pinion side. Plus, I had on hand the oversized and undersized gears if need be.

Went with the conversion set up instead. Had full confidence in the new hydra-chain system and felt that "walk the walk" was the right thing to do. 17,000 miles and counting later, this is one of the quietest engines anywhere. Confidence continues.

Rokinrider

Mr Herko: I need to convert my 00 FLHT to this new setup. what cam is comparable to the 203's? I like the power the 00 makes now, so what does andrews make that is close.

Thanks Rokin..... :beer:
Mclintock! swell party were the whiskey?

PoorUB

Quote from: Tsani on December 10, 2008, 08:31:55 AM
UB - Whatcha gonna do about the Retuning?

I made a post a while back that explains what I may attempt. I have a exhaust analyzer, and intend to mark the throttle grip in 10% increments, or something there abouts, toss the wife on back with a clip board and a chart, and what my RPM, throttle position, and the analyzer numbers and see what I get. Then drop numbers into the PC-III that I have on the bike already.
If that don't work I have a guy lined up to dyno tune it.

PoorUB

Quote from: Herko on December 10, 2008, 04:19:57 PM
Gents,
Thanks for all the votes of confidence.
Dealing with first-rate people makes it a pleasure.

Hey Herko, where is my kick back for the free advertising!
(oops! maybe should not have mentioned that on the group!) :wink:

Herko

Quote from: Rokinrider on December 11, 2008, 06:13:17 AM
Mr Herko: I need to convert my 00 FLHT to this new setup. what cam is comparable to the 203's? I like the power the 00 makes now, so what does andrews make that is close.

Thanks Rokin..... :beer:

Rokin.
Sounds like the Andrews 26N will work well and is close to your 203.
Also, the  1999-2001 M.Y. bikes need the Andrews 216015 34T cam sprocket w/trigger ring.
Email is in my profile for more details.

purplepeopleeater

Got to add my two cents when it comes to the herk. My story start back in Oct. when I decided to convert my 04 ultra from 88 to 95 I was introduced to the man called herko. My friend the wizkid  :up:who is a gearhead and one of the best I have come across in my lifetime. Took his valuable time to explain what I will need and who I should get parts from and more advise as needed.  To you herk I thank you. :up:

Eastport, Maine

DaleW

what is the price on one of these conversion kits?I've tried emailling Herko but no response yet.

Dale
2009 RoadKing Classic

Herko

Ken R

Long live Herko :up:

He helped me even before I knew he offered the kits and had purchased parts on my own.  I had questions and he sent several informative emails. 

Ken