May 02, 2024, 10:39:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

I was HESITANT.

Started by smutley, December 10, 2008, 12:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smutley

Well i had been using only H/D fluids for lot of years and after reading what some othes had used, i got some balls and tried Auto Transmission Fluid in the primary case  and it blew me away at how much it changed things shifting into nuetral after stopping is  so smooth its hard to believe its the same bike and the same as shifting into first after stopping  its no longer the CLUNK that makes people look is more a soft bump and the changing while riding is a little smoother  but not as  much as noticable as the other  but i must say i'm convinced and no longer going to be ruled by H/D priced oils.

smutley
Rather be hated for who i am
than be loved for who i'm not

gaillarry

What type of ATF did you use?
1992 Heritage Softail Classic
Ontario, Canada

Buddy WMC

Not Smutley, but I also experienced the same results after replacing a clutch. I used B&M Trick Shift available at Autozone. It is a racing type ATF recommended by Energy One clutches, any Type F (Ford) ATF should work just fine. Stay away from any synthetic ATF.

Hillside Motorcycle

We use Red Line MTL in the chaincase.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

paulkay

Just as a wild one try Mercury outboard High Performance lower leg oil in the transmission. It is the right weight and synthetic.

smutley

Well i am in OZ and we dont have easy access to a lot of ATF so i just used the GM not the FORD  type
Rather be hated for who i am
than be loved for who i'm not