May 02, 2024, 12:45:08 AM

News:

SE 253 cams

Started by DaleW, December 10, 2008, 12:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaleW

Hi guys,

Looks as though these cams arent too popular,however I have a set which came with a CVO 103 take off kit I bought.

The open and close figures are pretty late on these cams,is it possible to improve their suitability with a +4 timing gear?

What kind of set up suits these cams best?

thanks,

Dale
2009 RoadKing Classic

Don D

Bag them! No key will cure them the LSA is and LC are all off from what works well in these motors IMO. There are so many better cams even genuine HD, as always the usually disclaimers apply, match the cam to the build goals and mating parts.

ameagle13

Dump em.  There junk.

Good Luck,
J
Good Luck,
J

FLTRI

HD blew it, not enough compression for them. If you were to increase compression they work...ok.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

TXChop

Have 3 sets on the shelf.....A Woods tw6g and SS570 work soo much better preferring the 6.. Hillside Cycle worked a set of 103+ heads from a CVO bike and i installed the TW6 cam with matching pistons from Hd and got amazing results. Bike starts as good as stock, runs much cooler, get better MPG, and flat out more fun for not too much money.

The 6 felt nicer with just swapping cams as well.

DaleW

how would they perform with 10.5:1 in a set of bath tub heads?Would the +4 drive bring them back to a reasonable performance then?

Not really interested in running them myself,just curious to know what sort of set up would suit them.I'm leaning towards a set of Andrews 37s with s set of CP 9.5:1

Dale
2009 RoadKing Classic