May 07, 2024, 06:36:28 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Me--on the cover of american bagger

Started by howard kelly, December 10, 2008, 02:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howard kelly

December 10, 2008, 02:31:10 PM Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:36:26 PM by howard kelly
January 2009 issue is a pretty good one.....

Sonny S.

December 10, 2008, 02:43:44 PM #1 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:54:00 PM by Sonny S.
GREAT PIC !!!    :up:      .....but  .... Bagger ? :dgust:  Is that the Dyna you were / are selling ?

Bagger is starting to be used like " Chopper "

Edit :   ok, I looked at the bags again and realized it is an FXDXT... " T " for Tour
so, I'll give ya the bagger point ...but you know what I mean.

June2017

Cool shot,...........but it's not a bagger like the title states.   :idea:  

Next time do the wheelie on a "Bagger" for the "American Bagger" magazine.  

harley883r

One Day At A Time
Muskokas ON

June2017

December 10, 2008, 02:56:46 PM #4 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:00:58 PM by Roadglide
SONNY you beat me to it.  Great,......someones gonna buy some cheap ass bags, and then their gonna tell folks they ride a bagger.  Just great,...............I'm gonna sell mine now.   :dgust:

HV

HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

truck

How many covers did you grace to date?
I really liked the burn out you did while standing next to the bike flashing a victory sign with one hand while using the other hand to hold the front brake and control the throttle.  :up:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

howard kelly

let's see...

yes it is the bike I want to sell

When they introduced their magaaine they specified that a bagger to them is a bike with bags that you use to tour--mine does that quite well

here is a bagger doing a wheelie--not a great one because its a stock 103 (dog engine really)

and yes the Dyna is still for sale

hdpegscraper

Ahh.. Gotta love those T-Sports, You should have expanded the bags full size if they are gona brand it a bagger. But nun the less, that is one fine bike.

03deuce

Just need some Harley lead weights in that tour pack!

Sonny S.

December 10, 2008, 03:42:03 PM #10 Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:44:30 PM by Sonny S.
RG,

That is a factory Harley Touring bike. Bagger ?  some say yes
I look at baggers as FLH chassis bikes that don't have tour paks.
I've always called anything with a factory tour pak a dresser.
I've never considered just any bike with a set of leather saddle bags a bagger... not even a Heritage Softail. Which I now see is called a Softy  :crook:.   A FatBoy is now a Fatty  :crook:  A Road King is now a King or RK :crook: A Street Glide is now an SG ( sorry Super Glide..you lose )  :crook: An Electra Glide is now an EG or just a Glide  :crook:...   you get the point.... RG   :wink:
Ya know, these names must have come from text messages.
These day's the term Bagger is being used for anything with bags to an Ultra Classic.

Either way. Awesome shot on the cover Howard   :up:

truck

Quote from: trück on December 10, 2008, 03:19:09 PM
How many covers did you grace to date?
I really liked the burn out you did while standing next to the bike flashing a victory sign with one hand while using the other hand to hold the front brake and control the throttle.  :up:

Sorry! It wasn't you who did the victory sign , it was FastFLSTF, I think.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

dablaze

Dyna, Bagger...whatever, who cares...the real point here is that Howard really should be on the cover of "Hot Unicycle"

:wink:
Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Bagger

Good wheelie regardless of bike. 

Here's a bagger wheelie.  I don't know who it is, just ran across it on the net.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Sonny S.

I think that's the Full Sac dude.

he don't coun't... this is Howard's thread, and he made the cover  :teeth:

howard kelly

thanks for the kind words everyone--i was pretty excited to show this off
Howard

Kansas

Wow.  Awesome.  As a fellow enthusiast I am sure glad you are wearing a helmet etc.  I think back to stuff like Indian Larry and I wonder why somebody would do something so on the edge and not at least take basic precautions.  Maybe the wisdom is a function of old age.

Skullfork

bigpete1

if you know anything this is a fxdxt which came with saddle bags and fairing so for you nasayers this really is a bagger of sorts and super cool bike at that ,congrats and i wish i had the extra cash to own that bike .pete