May 06, 2024, 09:56:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Will EFI tank fit on Carb bike?

Started by blk-betty, December 11, 2008, 08:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blk-betty

Looking to swap the tank and fenders from wife's carb 06 Deluxe.  Most all tanks I see for her bike are EFI.  I have been told that there is an adapter that will allow the EFI tank to work on a carb bike. 

Dealer says the "adapter" is already on the 06 Carb tank.  I assume it's the threaded part where the petcock mounts to the tank.  Is that correct?  Is there anything I'd need that I don't already have? 

Lastly if I buy an EFI tank can I sell my carb tank to someone that has EFI, and will they be able to use it on their bike without much hassle?
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

Scurvy

Mark - let me know if you decide to sell that tank. I'm looking for one for my '05 FXST.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

blk-betty

Scurvy

It's off of an carb 06 Deluxe, if that is what your looking for you have first dibs if I pull the trigger and get another one.
Coastal SC

Scurvy

Thanks Mark. I'll double-check and make sure a carb'd 05 and 06 softail tank are the same.
Clinton, MT

blk-betty

Scurvy

I'm almost certain the tanks are the same other than paint and emblems/decals.  I just didn't think about you maybe painting the tank or changing the emblems on the Deluxe tank for your FXST, or just running the tank as is.

I'll keep you posted.
Coastal SC

Scurvy

Someday I will relocate the horn to the front, ignition switch to the original horn slot, idiot lights and speedo to the t-bars, stretch the tank, fill in the gauge, paint it black and reinstall without any emblems or dash. :)

have to find a new home for the garage door opener tho :(
Clinton, MT