April 27, 2024, 03:24:10 PM

News:

Ultima 127"

Started by dynaspook, December 11, 2008, 11:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dynaspook

Hello I have purchased an Ultima 127 for the 95 RK I picked up last week. I would like to know if they have a website + what the addy is. Thanks in advance for the help.

massheadcase1

Flat Dog

So if one were to install an Ultima motor in a titled HD frame-would the title need to be changed, or do you just need to carry the MSO so the local fascists-er-LE don't confiscate your bike?

fuzznut5197

Quote from: Photo John on December 14, 2008, 08:17:06 AM
So if one were to install an Ultima motor in a titled HD frame-would the title need to be changed, or do you just need to carry the MSO so the local fascists-er-LE don't confiscate your bike?

I remember this came up before and it varies from state to state. I have been running around with a non-stock motor, no title change and the MSO in a file cabinet. Seems the leos in NJ don't bother with that kind of stuff.

Reddog74usa

Yes it does vary from state to state however if you plan on attending any rallys or events and happen to run into one of those Federal anti theft check points you had better have a copy of the MSO in your wallet as they can sieze the bike until you can produce proof of ownership of the engine. If you buy an engine make sure it has a MSO as they will not issue a MSO copy to anyone other than the original owner. I have been through this nightmare myself. i purchased a engine from someone without a MSO and could not get a copy of it as I was not the original owner of the engine. You will have to buy another set of cases to get a MSO Period.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Flat Dog

December 14, 2008, 06:19:26 PM #5 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:20:01 AM by Photo John
Florida is a frame title state-that is a title VIN comes from the frame, not a motor. Definitely have to have an MSO with you at all times in case numbers don't match here, I guess.

d-dog

Dynaspook  - Does that motor fit a stock frame OK?  I saw on another board that Jireh was having a sale on the Ultima motors, but wasn't sure if the 127 or 120 were too tall for my softtail.
Dog

Reddog74usa

A 120 or 127 is ok in a rubber mount however you better do some checkin as I believe the softails are a tighter fit.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Hillside Motorcycle

Those powerplants have the ability to really produce with cam/head mods, tuning.
We've seen torque in the 150 ft/lbs. neighborhood, with the 120".
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

fergy1940

Hillside
What cam and head mods were you referring to with the 120 and what carb.
Thanks Fergy
I'm bored.

Flat Dog

December 16, 2008, 05:21:43 AM #10 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:03:19 AM by Photo John
Holy crap...I may just get one for a backup in case mine blows with the nitrous.

Hillside (sorry-don't know your real name), would these motors hold up to amateur weekend drag racing, or are the cranks not strong enough?

Also-anyone think the Ultima prices will stay the same, or go down with the economy still dropping?

-John

BK Meyers

December 21, 2008, 07:29:13 PM #11 Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:59:28 PM by BK Meyers
Was just on the Jireh website a few days ago and they are running some low prices on their Ultima engines (jirehcycles.com). Pricing was on their home page.

BK

My mistake, I meant to quote the post from John P in my reply in regards to the pricing on the Ultima engines.
1996 Road King