April 27, 2024, 02:51:56 PM

News:

after market cyl.

Started by poorbiker, December 11, 2008, 04:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poorbiker

Whats wrong with them? Anything? I would like to buy a good set of oem FLs, but good luck....
"Effort takes no talent"

stroker800

I have seen a Taiwan Tedds cyl shatter like glass on a friends knuck,,it was low speed cruisin...after that mess I had ordered in 3 sets of Mike Brown cylinders for friends ..this was bout 4 yrs ago and cost was $800.00 for the pair..I've never had a complaint bout quality...I guess they're tooling up panhead stuff as well.
Dave

poorbiker

"Effort takes no talent"

Lew

-It is now later than it has ever been before-

poorbiker

"Effort takes no talent"

poorbiker

They are $550 a pair and apparently they are going to release a repo knuckle set of heads..... interesting. Good site for the diff. in ductile iron and what they use.
"Effort takes no talent"

ricochet

I also got a set of MB knuckle cylinders and they look and finished well.  Still not installed yet but they were $550 as mentioned  I've heard about the heads for a long time but nothings materialized yet.  Just who is making them for v-twin and other aftermarket guys?

ricochet

ridgerider

i emailed mike brown and he does not have any cylinders available now.....i need a pair of 74" cylinders...now what ?any other recomendations?  would it be safer to run the pan cylinder update?

Robin

I talked to someone that talked to MIke Brown a week or so ago, and he is tooling up to make some more knuck cylinders.  Apparently he is gonna make only so many cyls.  Might not hurt to call him and ask him if its true and maybe get your order in.
Robin

ricochet

That might be a good idea.  From what I remember he would run them in good size batches and then sell them off.  Seems there's still demand so why not make more.

ricochet