April 27, 2024, 12:39:05 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FINALLY DONE

Started by 53Pan66shovel, December 11, 2008, 05:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

well ..... the bike is done belt drive installed after some grinding rebuilt the S&S SUPER "B" bike is running really good no more jerking at the light or stalling finally i can just ride well thanks for everything guys

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Deye76

Glad you got it taken care of. Play in the belt good? Not too tight?  :up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

53Pan66shovel

nope got about a 1/4 of play  :up:

CraigArizona85248

Looks good... 1/4" of play doesn't sound like much though.  Pretty tight.  Take it for a ride, get everything good and hot and check the tension again.  Things expand and tighten up when they get hot.

I noticed it looks like your vent tube is pinching down because it's bent at such a sharp angle.  As the hose ages that will just close down farther until your vent gets pinched off.  Find a long spring that will fit tightly inside the hose and push it in there.  That will keep the hose from pinching down like that and it will vent better.

-Craig

ohio-rider

Running these belt drives to tight is the most common reason for main bearing failure, clutch basket noise, hard shifting, tranny main shaft failure and leakage to name a few. I set mine at 3/4". I tried setting it at 1/2", but after a long summer ride it would tighten up like a banjo string.

When the engine is cold you should just be able to slide the belt in and out on the pulleys. Meaning there is no lateral tention on the belt when everything is cold.

53Pan66shovel

the belt has good play in it not tight the vent hose isnt pinched for some reason it looks that way in the pic but im about to go on a run get all the bugs worked out