SCREAMING EAGLE (SE) builds ----poor/fair/good/best? Got a opinion?

Started by RKC03, December 12, 2008, 07:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKC03

Took possession of my RKC with Stage 3 build already completed....can't say I've ever rode a 88" TC  :crook:  , my 95" motor has all SE internals/externals, and to tell the truth it performs quite well IMHO.  :smiled:   HP and TQ #'s were in the 90-100 range..only had it dyno'ed once that I recall....have the printout somewhere. I believe it has 203 cams, flattop pistons, SE heads and SE performance exhaust.  I suppose it has a map that the "gurus" in the shop at the Mo Co came up with   :wink:  . I suppose I could get more oomph out the motor, but can't see how I need it, or what I could do to better it as I'm not a  "builder" by any means.....do have a softtail custom that has a 80" EVO that I would like to get 80/80 like everyone else would I suppose. Gotta get some prices from some of the shops near me and git-R- done.   :wink:  What I'd like to get out of this thread is other's opinions on SE products....or is that a  CAN OF WORMS?    :pop:   RKC03

Prices are higher too I guess huh?
RKC03

Don D

Builds are the sum of the parts. Quality can be measured by the end result and what the warranty is. All of the components can be top notch in terms of quality and intended function and still they have to be integrated into well engineered packages. This IMO is where the MOCO falls short. This integration includes supplying a tuning solution which in itself is difficult. I would give the MOCO a "B+" for parts and a "C-" for integration and a "A" for sales and promotion and last but not least "D" for warranty support (ENGINE). YMMV there are great dealers that break through and provide a total package.
This opens the door to the aftermarket and independant shops to supply what the riders actually want and fine tune packages that don't break the bank.
The MOCO dealers that are performance dedicated have learned how to improve the integration and use a mix of aftermarket parts and SE parts to get a good result that can be warrentied at least by the parent dealer. Talented techs and outside vendors help reach this goal.