May 02, 2024, 07:13:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need advise on carb swap

Started by lengbyroadking, December 12, 2008, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lengbyroadking

I will be swapping carbs this winter from the original to a CV on my 87 FLT. I know I will need new cables and make an enriching cable bracket. Is there anything else I should be aware of? Does anyone have the cable part #s I need?

JBarrettB

You will also need an intake manifold and flanges. The cables you require will depend on the length required. Use one of the cables you have now to determine the new needed length and then cross reference that length to a part number for a CV cable. Most aftermarket catalogs list cable lengths in there charts. You can usually get an OEM part number from these charts as well, if you are wanting H-D cables that is.

JB   
CAUTION: Comments may be sarcastic, clarification available upon request.

gottaride

WHY NOT GET THE MIKUNI 42 HSR FULL KIT.. COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED EXCEPT CABLES..(sorry about the caps)
you can find them in the $420.00 range..(manifold,carb,aircleaner with chrome cover)way better carb than a CV and easy to tune.. ..just my .02 cents
We're not here for a long time, just a Good Time!!

Flat Dog

December 14, 2008, 06:28:55 AM #3 Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:14:08 PM by Photo John
Like gottaride said: $249-1 left from Zippers at that (1/2 of normal) price.

shovelkid73

I have 88 FLHS and as soon as the bike got home switched to a CV which i pulled off my shovel it had cables from a 94 ultra which were long enough with my apes and perfect for the FLHS. I also used the carb adapter which made it stick out 3/4" longer than stock. A little more torque never hurt.