May 02, 2024, 02:35:12 AM

News:

Inner Cam Bearing Install/Removal Tool

Started by loc, December 12, 2008, 05:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loc

A friend of mine has the inner cam bearing install/removal tools from Jims. These tools were for the 88/95(pre 07 bikes) with the smaller bearings. Does Jims make an adaptor for these older tools so that they work with the newer larger inner cam bearings? If so can you list part numbers etc.

Thanks
08 Ultra---103/255---SE AC---2:1 SuperTrapp---Super Tuner---LMR-002---82:102

Billy

Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

PoorUB

Harbor Freight makes a nice slide hammer, internal bearing puller that sells for about $40. I used it to remove the cam bearings on my build I am doing right know. To install the bearings I used a socket and extension and carefully drove the news bearings in. Easy as pie.
The best thing is it can be used for pulling wheel bearings too as it comes with several differant arbor sizes.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

ClassicRider2002

A friend of mine has the inner cam bearing install/removal tools from Jims. These tools were for the 88/95(pre 07 bikes) with the smaller bearings. Does Jims make an adaptor for these older tools so that they work with the newer larger inner cam bearings? If so can you list part numbers etc.

loc~~~

Yes, is the answer to your question above, below I have provided a "link" to DRAG SPECIALTIES showing you the DS Part Number as well as price for the "adaptor":

Airflow Works, INC.  INNER CAM BEARING REMOVAL & INSTALLER TOOL <~~~~~~CLICK, VIEW, & READ

However Billy is providing you a link to one of the members here at HTT that makes the appropriate tool for a bit less that would work as well, so you have a couple of choices....

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

Big Dan

I have the tool mentioned in the swap meet section here. It is nicely made and works well. Definitely a good buy.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Street Glide

Just ordered inner cam bearing removal/installer tool from Gary Beatty--E-Mail address-(beattygw@sbcglobal.net),tool looks good and very reasonable at $85.00

Street Glide.