April 28, 2024, 02:17:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hey Canadians! Canadian Supplier for HD parts?

Started by tinkerman, December 13, 2008, 08:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerman

Is there a supplier in Canada for a wide range of Harley parts; something Like J&P in the States?

I have snooped around online but really haven't found anyone that seems to have a good selection of parts.

I have been using J&P but find by the time I get it across the border and pay shipping and duties I am not getting any great deals.

Who do you use?

Tink
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003

Caper

December 13, 2008, 02:43:42 PM #1 Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 02:46:21 PM by Caper
Have you tried Preston Cycle

Preston Cycle Products Inc      Contact this company
71 Stover St S Rr 1
Norwich ON, N0J 1P0

Phone #: 519-468-6800

Key contact: Larry Kowtuski , Owner

sandrooney

Your not getting any great deals from J&P period. You can get a better deal paying retail at HD than J&P.
Just my experience,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

powderdan

I've tried everything in the 20 years of owning my fxlr and the best deal witout a doubt is Jireh.They charge you their price plus 20% which covers shipping brokerage fees and taxes.The biggest problem with other vendors is always getting bent over by UPS on shipping.Jireh uses Fedex.

gaillarry

December 14, 2008, 02:48:27 PM #4 Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:55:34 PM by gaillarry
With the low Canadian dollar I've been buying from my local Honda dealer who can get aftermarket HD parts from Motovan. Check out the Road Iron catalog.  When I need HD parts I bite the bullet and buy from the HD dealer.

//http://www.motovan.com/catalogs_en.html
1992 Heritage Softail Classic
Ontario, Canada

Flat Dog

Quote from: sandrooney on December 13, 2008, 03:41:09 PM
Your not getting any great deals from J&P period. You can get a better deal paying retail at HD than J&P.
Just my experience,
SR

Agreed-the bennie there is their tech line, and they will still answer questions without making you buy their parts...not too cool to do so, but still...

Mtrman

I live in a northen town in Canuckland and find the brokerage fees charged by FedEx to be very expensive.I ordered a Daytona Tec prduct and paid $160 US plus some shipping.....reasonable deal until FedEx wanted an additopnal $80 for brokerage fees and shipping. (which I had already been dinged for) If you can get the store to send you parts to a PO box number then no brokerage fees are added. I found this with Wally's Cycle World.

Parts Canada and Motovan are good options in Canada if you can find a dealer near you.

Hopefully this will help you out.

Good Day Eh!! :beer:

psyco369

for me it is preston cycle... I live in kitchener ontario and have a friend that gets me parts from them for just over cost :beer:

tinkerman

Well, I will certainly give these folks at Preston's a call and if I like what I hear then I will give them the business for my top end rebuild.

Hopefully it goes OK parts wise.

Thanks for the feedback,

Tink
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003

psyco369

December 22, 2008, 03:53:55 PM #9 Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:58:34 PM by psyco369
the prices are not bad $110 for the james gasket kit $150 for the new liters HD b's $60 for the pigtail kit
I got a russle stainless rotor for $90 they also sell speed bleeders you want them only $15 a set I got a hiflow air cleaner kit with external breather for $110 and a S&S reed breather for $90

stroker800

I live near Ottawa Ont,,,I use Prestons,Mid USA sometimes..I cross over into upstate NY and deal with Sovets HD, they give you money at par,,not a bad deal cause US prices are so much cheaper..I also use Action cycle in Lombard IL(use to work here) so good deal, everyone gets a deal. Also have used Ebay for little stuff ,I try to get new in package stuff,,but still can get new junk,,,I try to buy as much as I can when in IL...
Dave