May 08, 2024, 10:26:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Will Current T-MAX Map Work?

Started by Eglider05, July 06, 2010, 05:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eglider05

I'm getting close to changing exhaust/tuner (TTS) and was wondering if my current map (T-MAX) will make the neccessary adjustsments for the changed exhaust in the mean time or would I need to start over with a new map.

05 FLHTCI
98" @10.5 comp
Kury TC26g cams
heads fully ported for above cams (1.900 intake/1.625 exhaust)
HPI 48mm throttle body
09 V&H Power Duals head pipe w/Khromewerks 3.5 HP Plus mufflers.
T-MAX (map 475)

Thanks,
Rick

mayor

if I mind correctly, Bruce (Max) used his same map for several different combinations of exhausts (although, this only apples if you have the auto-tune module). The only problem you may have is if you're limited by the % of change factor (unless you make that a broader range).  That only means you may have to run it a little (making sure to get plenty of tuning points), then run the auto-map to get you closer. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Eglider05

Quote from: mayor on July 06, 2010, 06:56:59 PM
if I mind correctly, Bruce (Max) used his same map for several different combinations of exhausts (although, this only apples if you have the auto-tune module). The only problem you may have is if you're limited by the % of change factor (unless you make that a broader range).  That only means you may have to run it a little (making sure to get plenty of tuning points), then run the auto-map to get you closer.

Thanks for the reply Mayor. Yes, I have the auto tune. I thought I might be okay but it can't hurt to ask. Hopefully it's temporary as I have had the TTS for a year and intend to make the switch. I'm just hoping to find someone nearby that I can trust to tune it.

Rick

mayor

Admiral Akbar

Actually, every time you run automap.. The base tune changes and you can go 20 percent from the last tune.. While I started with  the 460 map,,, The current map ain't anywhere close to the original..

Max

mayor

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on July 07, 2010, 09:18:32 PM
The only problem you may have is if you're limited by the % of change factor (unless you make that a broader range).  That only means you may have to run it a little (making sure to get plenty of tuning points), then run the auto-map to get you closer.
Actually, every time you run automap.. The base tune changes and you can go 20 percent from the last tune.. 
yep, that's what I was trying to imply.   :teeth: 

Eglider05

Automap is a new one on me. How is this done?

Thanks,
Rick

mayor

Quote from: Eglider05 on July 08, 2010, 06:47:31 AM
Automap is a new one on me. How is this done?
that's when you apply your learned offsets.  The latest T-max software auto-maps the fuel offsets:

Admiral Akbar

You need the latest SW..

In the options along the top between "Window" and "Help" is an option called "Tmax Control Center"  Se;ect it and there is a button labeled "Run Automap"   

I typically read the current map and offsets and save so that I can get an idea as what automap is going to do..

Automap generates a new map based on the original map and learned offsets.. The new map then becomes the base map and learned offsets are cleared.  You need to save this map for reference..

Max

Eglider05

July 08, 2010, 08:50:41 AM #9 Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:54:09 AM by Eglider05
Thanks guys, it looks like I need to update my software. First things first. I received my Power Duals and Khromewerk mufflers and will be playing with this on and off over the weekend. I pulled the FC and put the new head pipe in place.

I'm not 100% sure about fitment as I still need to change out the oil pan but it looks like it should work. The down side is it appears I'll have to remove the Bagger Brace as it looks like it will interfere. Not too much of an issue as next on my list is the Glide-Pro setup.

Rick

Rick