April 27, 2024, 04:24:53 PM

News:

09 Ultra, CB won't transmit

Started by Tollbooth, July 11, 2010, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tollbooth

09 Ultra CB radio will recieve but won't transmit. Tried a diferent head set that works fine and it was the same in both rider as well as passenger positions. This tells me that it is not in the headsets. The reason that it won't transmit must be in the system. Sure it's under warrentee but with the short season, don't want to tie it up at the dealer ,(3-4 week wait). Will just go without till season is over.
Is there a transmit fuse?
All other radio functions work fine.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tollbooth (Post is for a old,decrepted, friend) ! !

04Fatboy

Check antenna connections, will receive short range without antenna but must have good connection and good ground to transmit at all.  I had a problem transmitting when mine was brand new, the antenna connection on the back of the cb unit behind the fairing was falling out loose.  Tightened it up and all is well.
Don

Coyote

Are you sure the CB is turned on (You can turn it on or off separate from the radio)? In your radio display (center I think) there is a CB that will be shown if the CB module is on. If you don't see that, it's off.

Tollbooth

He unplugged the master fuse for a while and now it works. Can this be a answer or just a coincidence???