April 28, 2024, 02:03:35 AM

News:

S&S SUPER B STARTING TIPS

Started by 53Pan66shovel, December 13, 2008, 06:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

well guys kinda have a hard time starting the bike its cold here running 70 weight oil i give it 3 primes and normally it starts 1 kick after but now its like 8-10 ha kinda getting winded is there any tip or hint for this carb i wonder if it would be worth it to put and accelertaed pump on it or just buy the "E" Thanks

panz4ever

I use the same sequence for my 50 pan w/ the S&SB. In winter I usually drop to 50 wt oil.

Erichill

How cold is your garage? That 70 weight gets thick, seems like even in 50 degree weather, mine kicks over slower trying to push the oil. Though I also have 70 weight in tranny.  Could be engine is just turning to slow to get through a couple of firing cycles. If you were not having starting issues before the cold weather, I would look elsewhere before messing with the carb. But I am no expert, just my own experience to go on.
Eric

53Pan66shovel

the garage prob gets down in the 30's at night and 50's during the day so its pretty cold for it so im sure thats prob why

Erichill

Pull your dipstick out, and you'll see how thick that oil is. Also, if not running much, are you keeping the battery on a tender? For me (kick only), it has been the best $50 I spent. I have points ignition, and I know my bike starts easier with full charge.
Eric

Reddog74usa

When your using the enrichner keep the throttle closed as this creates the vacume needed to draw in the raw fuel provided by the enrichner.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT