April 30, 2024, 12:55:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1959 XLCH finally started at Hillside Cycles

Started by Brrrap, July 21, 2010, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brrrap

Spent the day at Hillside today. My son's '59 sporty finally fired up after a nearly 20 year nap up in the attic. Motor rebuilt by the guys at Hillside (Thanks again all of you) and my son now has his chopper. Fun watching him going through the paces of learning: "how the bike likes to be started"! Heres a couple simple photo's and a short videohttp://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab293/59Panhead/Hillside%2059%20XLCH/
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

olpigiron

Cheers....
The Sun Don't Shine On The Same Dogs Ass Everyday....
OPI

nibroc

Brrrap

I laugh so hard at the sight of Craig Palmer loooking on as Jake "Grimaces" another kick! Priceless!
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Brrrap

mayor

Quote from: Brrrap on July 29, 2010, 07:53:08 PM
I laugh so hard at the sight of Craig Palmer loooking on as Jake "Grimaces" another kick! Priceless!

it sure does look like he's getting after it... :teeth: 

that turned into quite a sweet looking ride, congrats to all invloved. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Brrrap

Mayor,,,I respect you as one of the 'Ol timers to this site, and to have you give compliment to a bike we've had for over 25 years just kinda jives with you being a guy with the kinda eye for the way things were,,,,only because thats the only way we had back then,,,he's a very loved son and he's very,,,,very ,,versed in old school. "Carry the torch my son ,,,,,,,Carry"

04glide

Dirty Dave

I feel ur sons pain while kicking i think I about blew out my knee kicking my 69 xlch with a magneto too

Hillside Motorcycle

Bob,
Pleasure having you good-hearted folks at the shop!! :teeth:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Brrrap

Scott, Update. I blew my right knee out just as i had done some 30 years ago trying to sort the bike out. But this time around I added a new twist. I directed my left knee into the bike puncturing a good size Hole/Gash in my left knee when the kicker arm dropped out of a downstroke.(I stand completely on the right side of my kick bikes when kicking, my son stands straddling over) I was alone in the garage vocalizing my pain when my brother in law steps in for a visit and made the mistake of saying how "This is why we should prefer electric start bikes" :angry: And remember when you took your brother to the hospitol starting his 66 ironhead? :angry: When are you gonna learn? :angry: I issued out a very needed "Mark! shut up!Not Now! :angry: Walking for the next couple days was quite interesting. Kneeling for God or work wasn't gonna happen either. I've got a little gimp to my strut that'll eventually go away, I'm not worried. The good news is you said you felt It'd end up being a "One kicker" and you're right. The most I've seen so far is 2 primer kicks with the ignition off followed by 4 kicks. That was dead cold after sitting a few days. Any other time 2 primers followed by 1 kick and the best yet; if its been just shut off for whatever reason and still warm, just turn the key on and it starts first kick. The compression is awesome now too! Yes the cams are huge and it dosen't speck out the same as stock compression numbers but I can set up on front cylinder and stand on the kicker and it'll hold my body weight! Scott as I've said so many times in the past, I continue to be a fan of the work you guys do in the shop. I'm quite lucky to have Hillside so close. Heres a little taste of one very happy son of mine. "Carry the torch my son ,,,,carry" http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab293/59Panhead/Proud%20Son/?action=view&current=005.mp4

74XLH

good job man wen do you pick up your sponsor by O.V ?

Brrrap

74XLH, Maybe I'll ask "Old Vienna" beer company to help with my first liver transplant instead!  :hyst: